Requisition Number: 48886
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Environmental Technologies segment manufactures ceramic substrates and filter products for emissions control in mobile and stationary applications around the world.
Scope of position:
- Develop, implement, and sustain a predictive maintenance program for the Erwin manufacturing plant to be rolled out across all departments. Utilize a data-based approach to monitor key equipment health indicators while identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities. Collaborate with Equipment Engineering and Maintenance groups to develop processes and strategy to support the plant’s goals for cost, capacity and capability.
Day to Day responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a predictive maintenance program that can be deployed across all departments in the plant. Develop deployment strategy based on benefit, risk and alignment with plant priorities.
- Track availability for key manufacturing assets and develop actions to ensure the availability targets are met/exceeded.
- Leverage data and technologies to reduce unscheduled downtime events and understand root cause. Utilize statistical tools and drive use of data and improve visibility to key data across the plant as it relates to equipment maintenance and reliability.
- Drive data-based approach for maintenance strategy and decision making.
- Work with plant IT and controls teams to develop and implement improved data systems and implement key metrics such as mean time between failure and mean time to repair.
- Work with equipment engineering, maintenance and department leaders to identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement.
- Develop strategies to reinvigorate key production assets to reduce risk of spare part obsolescence, single points of failure and high maintenance cost areas. Align strategy with plant capital portfolio.
- Work with project teams as a receiver to ensure new equipment design and technology is aligned with maintenance and reliability initiatives through design reviews, FAT and SAT such that minimal failure from startup forward is achieved.
- Understand and develop new PM procedures on new or existing key manufacturing assets.
- Evaluate and identify improvement opportunities on Mechanical/Electrical Plant Standards.
- Conduct FMEAs for key manufacturing assets and develop action plans to eliminate the risks identified through this process.
Required education and experience:
- We require a BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- We are seeking 5+ years of manufacturing experience in equipment and/or maintenance/facility roles
- Data systems such as PI process book, Maximo (or other CMM system), PowerBI and PI Vision
- Use of FMEA & PHA Processes
- Great written & oral communication skills
- Strong teammate
- Solid relationship building
- Results oriented
- Technical curiosity
- Good statistical skills
- Reliability modeling/analysis
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 2016 or later, or Microsoft 365
- Familiarity with continuous flow or material conversion processes.
- Hands on experience with mechanical and electrical systems
- Project management experience
- Operations supervision in a union environment
- Able to handle ambiguity, provide clarity and alignment across the organization
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Familiarity with thermal processing equipment and associated safety systems.
- Familiarity with environmental control systems such as scrubbers, thermal oxidizers and dust collectors.
- Familiarity with combustible dust safety systems
- Oil Analysis, Vibration Analysis, Greasing, Metering, etc.
- Well organized
- Detail oriented
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Minimal domestic travel may be required but would be the exception.
Hours of work/work schedule:
- 40+ hrs per week Mon-Fri
- Overtime, on-call, and weekend work periodically required to support production or project needs
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Corning offers a competitive salary, vacation, pension, and family medical leave.
Are you ready to start an exciting career with Corning, Inc.? Apply today!
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.