Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 112606 – Topeka, Kansas, United States
The Regulatory Affairs Specialist will work to provide support in regulatory related product life-cycle review activities, preparation of regulatory and registry documentation and ensuring compliance with all regulations and statutes during the development, manufacture, and sale of Hill’s Pet Nutrition products. They will develop a solid regulatory understanding to provide support and guidance on regulatory requirements, processes and activities for the governance of pet food while collaborating primarily with the Global Regulatory Affairs teams, Science & Technology teams, and the Global Design & Packaging teams. They will also gain general regulatory knowledge and experience that will serve to create an expanded understanding of how Regulatory Affairs supports the business and the regulations around pet food in general. This position supports regulatory related activities including, but not limited to: regulatory intelligence gathering, preparing international regulatory submission documents, creation of copy sheet segmentation, copy content input & review, claims tracker review for segmentation activities, labeling review & approval process for packaging, and product life-cycle activities inclusive of general formula compliance reviews in regards to packaging.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes product artwork reviews to ensure compliance with domestic and international regulatory labeling requirements for pet food.
- Reviews content and packaging files/templates for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Reviews, annotates, rejects & approves packaging PDFs for all regions, sizes, types, and styles
- Attends relevant project and process meetings as requested.
- Creates and maintains work instruction documents.
- Review & proofread copy sheets for consistency, accuracy and in compliance with copy sheet review quality processes.
- Edits copy upon request (copy alterations) and in compliance with final approved artwork.
- Supports Regulatory activities and/or prepares submissions of regulatory agency applications, reports, or correspondence and reviews regulatory agency submission materials as needed to ensure timeliness, accuracy, comprehensiveness, or compliance with regulatory standards.
- Develops and utilizes knowledge of the unique regulatory structure under which our product must comply.
- Engages with international peers to support local registration requirements and efforts.
- Supports activities and the relationships related to formula compliance reviews including cross functional work with Product Development, Implementation & Support, Corporate Quality and Plant Quality.
- Tracks & Creates Global Dossier documents for all product changes/updates.
- Tracks & Notifies global peers of product & packaging changes to ensure timely update to registration is completed.
- Develops general industry regulatory knowledge, including working knowledge of AAFCO rules, FDA, and relevant international regulations and guidelines that affect the pet food industry.
- Maintains regulatory files and electronic databases.
- Tracks and reports status of assigned regulatory activities and functions
- Develops a working understanding of SAP, PDM, DMS, BI, Prodigi/IMPIRA, Global Packaging Copy Sheet Database, Regulatory Tracking Systems, BEAT, ZenGRC and other systems as needed.
- Participates as team member on assigned projects: contributes to meetings as assigned to discuss and support development of regulatory strategies and support projects that contribute to further professionalization of the regulatory environment in the company.
- Assembles and helps communicate information relative to product changes, new product attributes and current go to market information and timing.
- Challenges established ways of doing things and recommend improvements
- Expands product line knowledge to assure high standards for accurate and consistent responses to internal and external customers.
- Applies knowledge and a strong sense of curiosity in all aspects of their work including innovation, problem-solving, and troubleshooting.
- Develops and maintains good working business relationships with internal groups such as Legal, R&D, Quality, Marketing, Supply Chain, Global Packaging &
- Design, Customer Development and Customer Service as well as relevant external government officials and vendors as needed.
- Translates knowledge of science, technology and characteristics of Hill’s products and processes to effectively communicate interdepartmentally as well as with company distributors and regulatory authorities.
Education/ Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in policy, animal/natural sciences or related technical field
- Master’s degree in policy, animal/natural sciences, or in a related technical discipline with a minimum of 1 year of professional work experience.
- 1-3 years of regulatory experience, preferably with completing official regulatory documentation
- Pet Food industry experience or a technical background in: Regulatory Science, Quality Assurance, Product Development, Laboratory Sciences, veterinary/animal clinic experience, or similar work experience.
- Ability to focus on detail while meeting critical timelines
- Ability to read, speak and write a second language a plus
Expected Areas of Skills
- High energy, proactive self-starter and self-directed
- Strong team focus and history of collaboration
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong Google Suite software skills
- Project and time management skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law
Are you interested in working for Hill’s Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills’ mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL’S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL’S® Science Diet® and HILL’S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill’s and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.