EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
EBSCO Information Services Field Sales group is currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager for a territory which includes North Texas, New Mexico, Nebraska, Oklahoma & Arkansas. This outside sales position includes selling to K-12 (schools) and public libraries. Applicants must live in the territory – preferably in the Dallas Fort Worth Texas area. All areas within the region would be considered for qualified candidates.
The Regional Sales Manager’s general responsibility will be to solicit prospective customers and present EBSCO Information Services resources to schools and public libraries within the territory.
- Regularly visit/video conference and provide balanced sales coverage of accounts in your territory.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Sales, Account Executive and product specialists to achieve sales goals.
- Achieve an established new sales quota each fiscal year for EBSCO Information Services products.
- Qualify customer’s needs, have quotes and pricing prepared, and coordinate with the Account Executive to set up trials when appropriate.
- Travel: (50%); including attendance of conferences and sales meetings as deemed necessary by Sales Management.
- Achieve an expert level of knowledge of EBSCO Information Services products and, also competitive products.
- Provide excellent level presentation skills with powerpoints and live demonstrations.
- Work with product specialists to present EBSCO resources.
- Provide input from the market for product development and marketing purposes.
- Develop sales strategies and a territory plan to help you achieve overall sales of EBSCO Information Services products.
- Average a minimum of 40 face-to-face or 40 video meetings per month with prospects.
- Schedule an office day each Friday and maintain administration tasks including entering weekly activity notes on visits, trainings, complete expense reports.
- Maintain your sales pipeline daily for accurate forecasting and follow-up.
- When appropriate, work with technical support to provide excellent level customer service when technical issues arise.
- Collaborate with the training department to coordinate product trainings.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two (2) years of true outside sales experience, previous experience selling into the schools and public library field is preferred. Retail does not qualify.
- Ability and willingness to travel 50% depending on need and time of year and close proximity to a major airport.
- Applicants must live in the territory – preferably North Texas areas like Dallas/Fort Worth. All areas within the region would be considered for qualified candidates.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite: Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Knowledge of CRM systems, Zoom, Teams and WEBEX technologies.
- Strong understanding of computers, websites and research.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Travel experience in current position preferred, demonstrated by ability to prioritize, schedule, plan with travel and territory management.
- Cold calling experience.
- Must have proven communication, follow-up, and sales skills.
- Must demonstrate strong initiative.
- Ability to operate a company vehicle, subject to motor vehicle background check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.