Requisition Number: 42657
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
Scope of Position:
In this role, you will develop and implement in collaboration with Global Pricing Manager, Business Operations Managers/Directors and Sales Directors, a pricing strategy that supports the achievement of revenue/share/profitability goals and product line strategies for the region. As a manager of the Pricing Department, this position will lead and handle the pricing department, ensuring alignment with local marketing, sales and customer services as well as global product and pricing strategy partners: global customer experience, marketing, pricing and sales groups.
The primary focus is to formulate, implement and execute on the strategy while meeting the customers’ and the internal partners’ requirements. You will also be responsible for identifying, prioritizing and optimizing the pricing and rebates tools.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Develops the pricing strategy for the division in the region (in alignment with Business Operations, Sales and Marketing Management).
- Oversees, develops and directs the Pricing department.
- Communicates the intent and the value of the pricing strategy and ensures visibility of the pricing data within the organization in order to maintain a desired level of consistency in pricing approaches across product lines and regions.
- Works with multiple functions, including sales management, product line management to understand customer value, as well as competitive, technical and cost drivers of pricing for specific product lines. Uses this understanding to ensure the pricing strategy is value-based, appropriate, and supports the overall division’s market value proposition.
- Provides support to Product Line Management and Channel Managers in developing short- and long-term pricing strategies aligned with overall business objectives and provides solutions to pricing matters or unique customer situations, including special agreements with specific customers.
- Ensures Corning’s and customers’ compliance to prevailing contractual terms and conditions and properly executes contract pricing requirements.
- Assesses price change requests from account managers to figure out if the change falls within the pricing policies and/or contract guidelines.
- Leads the pricing organization to process pricing quotes, contracts and rebates in a timely and accurate manner that meets internal and external customer requirements.
- Use pricing and analytics tools to improve efficiency of pricing and rebate processes, reduce complexity and improve decision-making to drive increased profitability.
- Coordinates with Pricing Managers in other regions to share pricing strategy standard methodologies.
- Identifies, prioritizes and optimizes pricing and rebates processes.
- Properly resources each pricing department function to meet external and internal customer expectations.
- Provides a succession plan within the department that enables personnel development and movement.
- Ensure proper training plans are in place to ensure policies and procedures and understood and executed effectively by all Pricing employees.
- Enhances team dynamics and team spirit.
- Maintain strong relationships with key channel partner pricing managers to maintain an understanding of the channel’s business needs, gather input for developing a commercial alignment plan for the channel, and influence negotiations that ensure success for both the channel and Corning.
- Position Corning to be perceived by channels as a problem solver, trusted advisor, and strategic partner.
- Driving strategic commercial projects.
- In collaboration with leadership implement technology to support pricing strategy and business goals.
- Works with Global Pricing Manager to establish and deploy projects and processes for regional pricing.
- Projects to support SAC data basis improvement and maintenance.
- Effective communication of pricing strategies and value
- Effectiveness of pricing processes
- Price realization
- Contract and rebate lead times
- Case closure response time
- Customer satisfaction – internal and external partners
- Effective management of direct and dotted line reports and project resources
- Enhances training and skill development of direct reports
- Cost reduction and process improvements
- S&A performance to budget
- Performance to MBOs
- 15-25% domestic and possibly international.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Standard business hours, Monday – Friday.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Finance, or related business field.
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in pricing, direct sales support and/or product line management experience.
- Minimum 3+ years’ work experience in a market analysis role.
- Minimum 1+ year of supervisory or leadership within projects experience.
- Work experience in an international matrix organization.
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong process management and rigor.
- Very strong analytical skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Tried ability to effectively interact with multi-functional areas (Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, Finance, Operations).
- Gathers necessary and relevant data to make informed pricing strategy decisions.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
Desired Experience / Qualifications / Skills:
- MBA or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Experience working with CPQ.
- Experience working with top management and leadership.
- Work experience with strategy development.
- Experience working at region of the global level.
- Maintains composure during challenging situations.
- Ability to multi-task and respond quickly to various information requests.
- Attention to detail, excellent organization and ability to prioritize work load and meet deadlines.
- Develops and monitors metrics to establish and manage work priorities.
- Holds others accountable for results and continuous improvement.
- Approachable and relates well to all levels of the organization.
- Cross functional collaboration skills.
- Strong written and presentation communication skills. Able to present to senior managers.
- Able to Communicates business direction in a way that inspires employee commitment.
- Ability to adapt quickly and demonstrate flexibility across many functional responsibilities.
- Encourages different views and constructive disagreement to surface new ideas and resolve conflicts.
- Effectively develops and leads talent within the organization.
- Able to learn and apply new systems and technologies knowledge.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.