Requisition Number: 51999
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
Manage all aspects of cable reel return and recycling program for North America. Expand customer base. Track inventory, business metrics and drive improvement as needed.
- Establish process to capture & maintain off-site cable reel inventory (customer focused); link to supporting contract.
- Act as a liaison between customers, plants and refurbishers to manage reel return/recycling program. Ensure customers and reburbishers are properly trained on program rules.
- Work with commercial team to bring new customers to program. Work with logistics to set up new transportation lanes. Work with refurbishers to ensure adequate capacity to handle reel return volume.
- Manage transportation spend to budget, identify and implement efficiencies/cost savings opportunities.
- Develop and report out on KPIs to track program performance. Ensure plant purchasing has visibility to recycled reel inventory.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in Supply Chain, Logistics, Operations Management or a related Engineering field of study.
- 3+ years of supply chain work experience in an operations environment
- Strong analytical & cost management skills, MS Excel Spreadsheet & MS Database
- Creative/innovative problem solving
- Strong process management tools and discipline
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work on an independent basis in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization
- Customer service experience
- SAP Knowledge and experience
- Six Sigma Greenbelt certification
- APICS Supply Chain Certification
- Ability to work within a team and provide training to others
- Works well in a collaborative, team-based environment in a global setting
- Works well with different functional areas (customer service, product line management, finance, supply management, IT, manufacturing)
- Thinks innovatively and can work easily in a global, multi-cultural environment
- Acts and makes decisions in the best interest of team
- Possesses strong written and verbal communications skills
- ~10% domestic travel, primarily within NC.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- 40+ hours per week.
- Typically M-F but may require weekends depending on travel schedules or job assignment
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.