Requisition ID: 231553
Requisition Posting End Date: 09/11/2021
Work Location: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabian Bechtel Company will provide project management consultancy services (including technical, commercial and construction management) for the development of certain defined aspects of the NEOM Infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
NEOM is a planned cross-border city in the Tabuk Province of Northwestern Saudi Arabia. The site is near the Red Sea and the borders of Egypt, Israel and Jordan. It will cover a total area of 26,500 km2 (10,200 sq mi) and will extend 460 km along the coast of the Red Sea.”
NEOM will be the home and workplace to more than a million residents from around the world. It will include towns and cities, ports and enterprise zones, research centers, sports and entertainment venues, and tourist destinations. As a hub for innovation, entrepreneurs, business leaders and companies will come to research, incubate and commercialize new technologies and enterprises in groundbreaking ways.
Detailed Job Description
This role supports the Systems Assurance and Integration Manager in the management of the RAM requirements for the Backbone designs undertaken by the Backbone Engineering Consultant (BEC) and subsequent design and delivery contractors. This role provides technical oversight of activities relating to RAM, analyse the NEOM Projects requirements and to facilitate the implementation of RAM Plans by BEC and the design and delivery contractors.
- Support the establishment and management of the detailed NEON Projects RAM Strategy and Management Plans and support processes.
- Working in conjunction with the NEOM Projects RAM Manager, developing project specific approaches to management of RAM activities and facilitating compliance with European standards EN50126, EN50128 and EN50129
- Undertaking work to quantify the expected performance of the railway in terms of RAM (Reliability, Availability and Maintainability) targets.
- Facilitating the definition of all interfaces, electrical, mechanical, environmental and human, internal and external, including any specific Interface Requirements Specifications.
- Providing support and guidance to Assurance and Engineering Safety Management activities by supplying relevant material for verification, validation, compliance and acceptance.
- Ensure that robust RAM management is undertaken within the BEC and subsequent design and delivery contractors and identify any risks in the design of the operational railway.
- Support the specification and review of functions and characteristics of the operational railway identifying the system hazards and system assurance which will need to be addressed.
- Providing inputs into the common NEOM Projects risk register and participating in its regular review and during the life of the project.
- Providing advice as required on RAM management and processes pertinent to railway operation.
- Support the System Assurance and Integration Manager in review of RAM documentation in order that the required safety performance can be verified.
- Assist the System Assurance and Integration Manager with the review and acceptance of the design and delivery contractors Safety Cases for the elements, products and systems being delivered. The review and acceptance of the safety cases will take account of the safety argument and the safety evidence put forward incrementally, including supporting safety analyses and other supporting evidence/justifications.
- Understand a live operational construction environment with significant safety hazards including moving trains and 25kV Overhead Line Electrification.
- Ensuring RAM stage works considerations are addressed in the contractor’s design.
- Undertaking reviews of contractor design submittals relating to RAM.
- Undertaking reviews as required of other contractor technical submittals (including task briefs and work package plans) relating to systems assurance.
- Undertaking reviews of contractor inspection and test plans relating to RAM.
- Undertaking reviews of contractor handover plans.
- Support NEON Projects in the liaison with Shadow Operator, ISA and Rail operators appointed.
- Champions the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction on the project or program.
- Take personal responsibility to ensure your own and others’ health and safety – including those who may be affected by the delivery of this role.
- Co‐operate in all matters relating to health, safety and environment, including following safe working procedures at all times and not deviating from agreed safe system of work.
- Advocate, promote and engage Bechtel’s health, safety and environmental policies and initiatives.
- Conducts annual performance reviews in accordance with approved procedures and holds career development discussions.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Degree or postgraduate qualification in science, engineering from an accredited university or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 20 years progressive RAM experience in delivering rail projects.
- Broad experience of the application of systems engineering to major infrastructure projects.
- Significant experience of RAM Management as applied to major railway infrastructure projects / technology development and implementation projects.
- System engineering life-cycles – awareness of different life-cycles and experience of the implementation of lifecycle approaches to real projects
- Proven experience in a RAM role with a focus on satisfying rail safety standards such as EN 50126, EN 50128 and EN 50129.
- Strong English language communication and report writing skills.
- Ability to prepare clear judicious planning procedures and user-friendly templates to assist entities in undertaking forward, judicious planning.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Design Suite software programs and have the ability to prepare reports.
Essential Behavioural Skills:
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be a team player and have a knowledge sharing approach.
- Will have consultancy experience.
- Ability to solve problems by thinking laterally and be able to understand the needs and requirements of the client, entities and their EPMO’s – in order to provide planning / design / feasibility solutions in a multi -disciplinary / multi – sectional context.
- Must be able to work within a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team and manage disputing multi-cultural relationships across a range of entities.
- Must be self-driven and able to plan and execute work without direct supervision from senior management and/or peers.
- Must to be flexible and adapt to working in a demanding PMO environment, including the need to travel and work remotely if / when required.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Relevant knowledge of KSA and a sound understanding of the cultural norms and requirements of the region.
Living and Working on the NEOM Project is a single status assignment condition in various locations. This position is designated to KSA.
Due to COVID 19 challenges during the startup of the project special flights and quarantine accommodations will be provided, as required
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.