Requisition ID: 40385
Job Category: Engineering; Infrastructure
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career?
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Communications CAD/Revit Designer to join the Infrastructure group in our Rail Systems team in the Mississauga location.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Our knowledge of infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Coordinate work with the lead communications engineer, including taking responsibility for timely completion of deliverables;
- Produce designs and drawings for communications equipment layouts, room layouts, wiring and interconnection diagrams for communication systems, and mounting details for communication equipment;
- Ensure all drawings and deliverables are checked to comply with project and company quality standards;
- Execute designs following the communications design criteria for the project as well as defined design standards, codes, and regulations;
- Ensure coordination of all communication interfaces with designers and engineers of other disciplines;
- Supervise the work of junior designers assigned to the projects;
- Participate in field surveys at client sites that may require significant amounts of walking.
You bring to the role:
- Proficient in CAD design 2D/3D (AutoCAD and Revit);
- Working knowledge of communications equipment and cabling typical for Rail, Water and Transportation environment;
- Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards (TIA, BICSI, NFPA, NEMA, IEEE);
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and multitasking ability;
- Multidisciplinary design knowledge;
- Strong computer skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent safety awareness;
- Willingness to be a part of a global engineering company and to collaborate with teams in other offices around the world.
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.