About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems (Nasdaq: BSY) is the infrastructure engineering software company. We provide innovative software to advance the world’s infrastructure – sustaining both the global economy and environment. Our industry-leading software solutions are used by professionals, and organizations of every size, for the design, construction, and operations of roads and bridges, rail and transit, water and wastewater, public works and utilities, buildings and campuses, mining, and industrial facilities. Our offerings include MicroStation-based applications for modeling and simulation, ProjectWise for project delivery, AssetWise for asset and network performance, Seequent’s leading geosciences software portfolio, and the iTwin platform for infrastructure digital twins. Bentley Systems employs more than 4,000 colleagues and generates annual revenues of more than $800 million in 172 countries.
Location: Manages a distributed team across NA focusing on growing Bentley’s Rail footprint in whole life asset management, from Planning, Design, Construction and into Operations in the Rail & Transit Agency market. We are open to this candidate working remotely, from a home office anywhere in the US.
Role: The Rail & Transit Agency Sales manager is responsible for hands on leadership and organization of a team of Account Managers in the Government marketspace. This individual will lead a team of professionals helping to leverage U.S. investments in new infrastructure to improve its roads, highways, inter-city rail, transit, ports and multi-modal infrastructure projects over the next 5 years.
We are looking for someone with Rail & Transit Agency or Government sales experience to provide daily management of a sales team by developing account plans, meeting planned goals, and advancing accounts to new commercial models. This individual is responsible for daily oversight of activities and performance of your sales team by tracking sales goals, setting individual sales targets, and facilitating the ongoing training of your account managers with the ultimate goal of exceeding the assigned quota for North America.
- FRONTLINE MANAGEMENT – Provides hands on supervision and organization of a team of Account Managers in the Rail & Transit marketspace.
- DRIVES BUSINESS RESULTS- Meets/exceeds ARR targets, maximizes individual opportunities and structures engagements for sustained growth. Able to create effective proposals that link our solution to the accounts business objectives.
- EXECUTES STRONG BUSINESS PRACTICES- Provides timely, accurate and detailed forecasts, effectively leverages chosen sales processes, tools and methodologies, proactively engages extended team and overall Bentley Systems organization building effective cross functional teams, constructs internal/external presentations in an effective and professional manner for impact and outcomes for users.
- RESULTS LEADERSHIP- Ensure execution of plans to improves work processes to ensure achievement of business goals. Delegates responsibility and conveys expectations to the appropriate staff. Monitors progress of groups and redirects efforts when goals change or are not met.
- PEOPLE LEADERSHIP- Presents a compelling case for ideas and initiatives via an appropriately chosen strategy. Ensures that proposals or arguments are supported by strong logic and a compelling business case, addressing all relevant factors.
- THINK STRATEGICALLY -Applies appropriate strategic logic to decisions and initiatives. Integrates and balances big picture concerns with day-to-day activities. Conveys a thorough understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of their department. Stays abreast of key competitor actions and their implications or threats to the business.
- APPLY BUSINESS ACUMEN- Applies financial knowledge and methods to address user business issues. Draws accurate conclusions from financial and quantitative information in order to drive action
- Responsible for leading a team of account managers and account reps to meet planned sales goals and quotas.
- Grow a strong pipeline of net-new revenue in the Rail market space.
- Maintain and communicate an accurate and reliable pipeline forecast, performing analysis and delivering weekly updates.
- Coach to Bentley Sales Process to help your team members effectively and reliably qualify / disqualify, advance, forecast, and close opportunities.
- Create effective account plans to identify opportunities and expand use of Bentley technologies in RAIL accounts.
- Assist account managers in migrate RAIL accounts to desired commercial models.
- Fully utilize SAP Cloud for Sales (C4S) and QlikView as daily sales tool and reporting system.
- Help team members overcome internal and external obstacles to building pipeline and closing business.
- Set and track individual sales targets and goals with a team of Account Managers.
- Conduct weekly one-on-one & team pipeline review meetings with direct reports and provide sales and revenue reports and an accurate forecast.
- Liaise with Transportation Director, marketing and product management to create sales campaigns and then lead campaign execution with your team.
- Work with HR and sales operations to lead human resource planning (recruitment, selection, onboarding, evaluation, development, etc.) for your team.
- Ensure team members can effectively promote our value proposition to designers, engineers, architects, contractors and owners.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge and understanding of all Commercial Offerings and Software Support Policies.
- Coach team members negotiate sales and/or service agreements.
- Maintain a high knowledge level of the company’s solutions and services.
What You Bring To The Team:
- Degree in civil engineering, business, business administration, or equivalent.
- Must have hands on experience managing a team of people
- 5+ years outside sales experience; previous sales management experience preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in selling technology into the RAIL market preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in selling technology at an enterprise level using a formal sales process preferred.
- You are excited about the future direction of Bentley and come ready to help Bentley users advance in true digital transformation with Digital Twin technology.
- You can communicate a vision, understand how to leverage Bentley’s offerings and commercial models to achieve the vision, and set appropriate team goals.
- You can effectively align goals with other teams you do not directly manage.
- You can create effective formal account plans considering the business goals and requirements needed to accomplish account plan objectives.
- You have a collaborative nature and can build relationships with other stakeholders in the organization.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication & social selling skills, enabling you to effectively communicate complex topics and provide feedback both to colleagues and users face-to-face, on the phone, using social media and by email.
- You have experience navigating & negotiating large enterprise-level contracts.
- You have a continuous learning mindset that you encourage with your team.
- You can effectively set expectations for performance, coach and manage to those expectations, and provide appropriate feedback to your team to enable continuous improvement.
- You are accountable for and take ownership of your team’s performance and results.
- You see the opportunity in change and are flexible and adaptable.
- You are fully proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software applications, having advanced Excel and pivot table skills.
- Prior experience with QlikView / SAP Cloud for Sales is preferred.
Executive Order 1402, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Bentley has implemented several safety protocols to protect our colleagues, users, and wider communities. To ensure compliance with President Biden’s Executive Order 1402, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all U.S. colleagues, regardless of work location or employment type, may be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Exemption is available as a reasonable accommodation for those who are unable to meet the vaccination requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bentley is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected characteristic. This commitment extends to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, compensation, and training. EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement documents provide additional information about your rights as an applicant under the law.
Bentley Policy on EEO, Affirmative Action and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination https://prod-bentleycdn.azureedge.net/-/media/files/documents/careers/bentley-eeoaa-statement-of-policy.pdf?la=en&modified=20211005082651
Bentley participates in e-Verify / Bentley participa en e-Verify / Right to Work Notice https://prod-bentleycdn.azureedge.net/-/media/files/documents/careers/e-verify-poster.pdf?la=en&modified=20210929150033
Request an Accommodation
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Bentley is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. We encourage you to request a reasonable accommodation if you are not able to fully use or access our online application system. You can make an accommodation request by calling 610-458-5000 or sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.