Job Req ID: 832841
Position Number: 00175320
Employment Type: PRN
Shift: Variable/On Call
Standard Hours: 4.00
Department Name: Radiology – Diagnostics
Location: Atrium Health Union
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Performs a variety of patient care duties and other professional activities as needed to facilitate patient care and treatment. Performs under the supervision of a radiology technologist. Assists in monitoring the flow of patient activities in the department.
- Performs basic diagnostic x-rays supervised by a radiology technologist.
- Identifies and assists patients with questions about procedures.
- Prepares patients for exam and ensures patient safety in the absence of the radiology technologist.
- Obtains medications, radiopharmaeceuticals, or contrast media materials as directed for administration by a licensed practitioner, authorized/certified technologist or registered nurse.
- Assists physician in the performance of diagnostic radiographic, CT and MRI procedures with administering contrast media.
- Retrieves requisitions and delivers to designated areas.
- Assists patients to restrooms or with bedpans and urinals as needed.
- Assists with administrative duties.
Requires the ability to lift and carry 40 pounds. Frequent walking, standing, bending and pushing.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED. 1 year clerical experience; Medical clerical skills preferred. Level II radiologic technology students, nursing students and NA students are excellent candidates. Venipuncture experience preferred.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer