Work Schedule/Days: Every Weekend / Friday; Saturday; Sunday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Requisition #: 84229
Provides timely and quality clinical information by performing diagnostic imaging procedures, monitoring, and evaluating departmental processes and healthcare provider utilization to ensure appropriate utilization of diagnostic imaging services and improved patient outcomes. Performs duties associated with technical practice, personnel management, fiscal management, and professional development. Proactively supports efforts to ensure delivery of safe patient care and services. Promotes a safe environment at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Successful completion of an American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) approved educational program
- Associate’s degree or five years of technical experience
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) credential in Radiography (R) and/or Modality board certified
- Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of employment
- Five years of technical experience
- One year of experience in supervision/leadership
- One year of experience in pediatric imaging
- Bachelor’s degree
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Strong interpersonal skills, including demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with groups or teams and employees at all levels within an organization
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of all modality equipment, monitoring the quality of images and acting as liaison between technologists and radiologists/cardiologists to ensure highest quality is maintained at all times.
- Demonstrates care competencies that incorporate age specific guidelines, including N=Neonate, I=Infant, EC =Early Childhood, LC=Late Childhood, A=Adolescent, AD=Adult and ALL=all ages. Includes family/caregiver in patient care and provides effective education appropriate for the learning needs of patient and family.
- Effectively coordinates activities in modality, ensuring that patient flow is accomplished in an orderly and timely fashion.
- Manages technical and ancillary personnel by preparing schedules, completing performance appraisals, providing education, and providing timely feedback to direct reports on a regular basis by way of coaching and/or corrective action.
- Participates in achievement of organizational and department goals with a strong emphasis on service excellence and quality of care, actively participates in quality initiatives to meet quality goals and Joint Commission readiness targets.
- Completes administrative duties in a timely manner including tracking time and attendance, ensures tech review of orders is completed in a timely manner, monitors accuracy of documentation in radiology system, performs charge reconciliation and ensuring that staff and team lead mandatory education; credentialing and annual competencies are completed in a timely manner.
- Participates in the achievement of departmental financial targets by monitoring supplies and expiration dates to prevent waste and monitoring staffing schedule according to patient volumes.
- Actively participates in all required system and departmental meetings.
- Actively participates in the American College of Radiology accreditation process (if applicable) and subsequent related maintenance/imaging quality reporting.
- Assists manager with development of staff by being available to teammates, acting as a resource to help complete complicated/complex tasks, providing on the job training to team and seeking out opportunities to become actively involved in staff workflow and development. Provides manager with feedback on staff performance, educational needs and workflow status.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Not Present
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Walking – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1405 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322
Function: Allied Health – Radiology