Job Req ID: 833201
Position Number: 00012752
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: Rotating schedule, 12 hour shifts.
Standard Hours: 36.00
Department Name: Urgent Care Services
Location: UC – Huntersville
Location Details: 12905 Rosedale Hill Ave
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Performs basic radiologic exams and venipuncture procedures. Utilizes radiation safety practices to provide a high quality examination.
- Performs radiologic exams as ordered by physician.
- Performs routine exams in accordance with the department standard operating procedures.
- Checks requisitions for physician notes and/or special instructions.
- Consults with Radiologist or physician as necessary.
- Selects proper technical factors on individual patient basis.
- Operates equipment as directed by demands of individual exams.
- Assists in maintaining adequate patient records.
- Obtains specimens and performs certain diagnostic laboratory tests as ordered by physician.
- Prepares specimens for transport to Medical Center or State Lab for procedures not performed at the specific facility.
Requires strenuous physical activity of walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, and bending. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 50 pounds in handling of patients and medical equipment and supplies. Must possess an intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and clinic conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED. Successful completion of an AMA approved Radiologic Technology Program required. Current registry with ARRT (or eligible). 1 year experience preferred.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer