Requisition ID: 236365
Requisition Posting End Date: 08/04/2021
Bechtel is designing, constructing, and commissioning the world’s largest radioactive waste treatment plant for the U.S. Department of Energy at the Hanford Site in southeastern Washington State. The Hanford Tank Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant will use vitrification technology to process and solidify 56 million gallons (210 million liters) of radioactive and chemical waste stored at the Hanford site, which is a byproduct of plutonium production during World War II and the Cold War era.
The project is the largest undertaking of its kind and one of DOE’s most technically challenging cleanup projects. Its construction spans 65 acres (26 hectares) with four major nuclear facilities – Pretreatment, Low-Activity Waste Vitrification, High-Level Waste Vitrification and Analytical Laboratory – as well as operations and maintenance buildings, utilities, other support facilities.
This position is located at the construction site (22 miles North of Richland) and works a 4 x 10 schedule, M-Th, 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Selected applicant needs to be able and willing to work weekends as needed. Selected applicant needs to be able and willing to work night shift (5:30 p.m. to 4:00 a.m.) and weekends as needed.
The Waste Treatment Completion Company (WTCC) is a limited liability corporation created by Bechtel National Inc. (BNI) and Amentum. WTCC is a subcontractor to BNI, the prime contractor, to deliver the construction, turnover, startup, and commissioning activities for the WTP project.
Performs a full range of duties including dosimetry operations, RadCon training support and RadCon procedure management.
- Support the Waste Treatment Plant Nuclear Safety Quality Culture by emphasizing the values of safety and quality in the performance of work in order to protect self, others, and the environment.
- Provide dosimetry operations support for Radiological Control Program implementation to assure WTP requirements regarding radiation exposure to site personnel and the general public are followed.
- Provide training support to the RadCon Training Technical Authority.
- Maintain technical documents and procedures for radiological control.
- Ensures RadCon web page is up to date.
- Promptly resolve program implementation issues by teaming with WTP management and facility staff to identify compliant, cost-effective solutions
- This job description is not intended to include every duty, task or instruction for which an employee is responsible. Other tasks may be assigned, based on business needs and the department supervisor’s request.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Health Physics, Engineering or related science and one (1) year of experience. Appropriate training and experience commensurate with the responsibilities of the position may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 1+ years experience in operational Radiation Protection and Health Physics with BS degree;
- Possesses basic knowledge of office software systems (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Adobe Acrobat Pro).
- Experience in radiological dosimetry operations is preferred.
- (OFNM) Office Non-Manual
This job description outlines the principal duties and in no way states or implies these are the only duties to be performed in this position.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.