The Outpatient Rad Tech performs professional duties involved in a variety of technical procedures to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiological diagnosis of patients of all ages.
- Assesses patients appropriately for the procedures ordered prior to, during, and after procedures according to Imaging Services/ Departmental Guidelines
- Operates highly specialized equipment, including radiographic, CR (Computed Radiography), DR (Digital Radiography), and PACS (Picture Archive Communication System).
- Positions patients to obtain quality images. Performs IV contrast injections, urinary catheterizations, and/or other skills as required.
- Perform duties associated with RIS (Radiology Information System) and electronic medical records.
- Participates in the training of students and staff as assigned.
- May be Cross-trained to perform basic laboratory phlebotomy function and operates laboratory waive testing equipment according to CLIA regulations.
- May also be trained to perform EKGs.
Performing accurate diagnostic procedures on patients takes a reassuring approach, technical skills, and state-of-the-art equipment. That’s precisely what you’ll find at Carilion Clinic, a community-based healthcare network that includes seven hospitals, multi-specialty physician practices, and affiliations with prestigious academic medical institutions.
Based in Roanoke, Virginia, we invite you to play an important role as we inspire optimal health through compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach. Be part of a Joint Commission-accredited, award-winning organization that provides quality care to nearly 1 million Virginians a year, and learn how we can enhance your career experience with extensive training, advancement potential, and professional support.
Education: Must be a graduate of an approved School of Radiologic Technology.
Experience: Experience preferred but not required. Licensure, certification, and/or registration: AART registry and VA license required.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Registered Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) registry required. Virginia state license required to work in an ambulatory setting. AHA BLS-HCP required.
Other: Effective interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills required.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 71567
Employment Status: Flex
Location: VelocityCare – Daleville
Shift: Any Day, Any Shift
Shift Details: Hours Sun-Sat 8:00am-8:00pm; alternating WEs and Holidays
Recruiter: REBECCA MINOR
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4005
Recruiter Email: Rminor@carilionclinic.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic …
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.