Job title: R&D Technician II
Department / Division: I&S/ Quality Control Laboratory
Location: Buena Park, CA
What’s special about this team:
The Innovation and Science team supports the development of new products and our manufacturing operations across the globe. Within Innovation and Science, the Quality Control Laboratory provides support, testing and evaluation of various raw materials, powders, granulations, and finished good products to ensure product quality.
How you would contribute to this role:
As a technician on the team, you will perform, quantitative and qualitative chemical, microbiological and other testing needed to meet customer and market requirements for our products. Your ability to work collaboratively will be valued in this role as you work with cross-functional peers to ensure product quality. You will have responsibilities related to testing and evaluation, data analysis as well as record keeping, laboratory maintenance, and other duties. Focus and attention to detail are essential skills, as this team’s work significantly impacts operations for multiple teams and customers. You will prepare, organize, and document the activities associated with all lab work in an appropriate, organized and legible manner according to internal and current good laboratory practice (cGLP) standards.
- BS in Chemistry, Biology, or related field
- Minimum 2 – 5 years’ experience within a lab setting
- Experience performing laboratory functions: following testing procedures, methods, and reporting data.
- Processing, documenting and providing timely information with a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated experience conducting experiments as needed and as directed by scientists
Skills to be successful in the role:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Computer skills to include an ability to learn and use job-related specific applications, software and databases
- Attention to detail to be able to perform a wide range of testing
- Ability to prioritize your work effectively and complete your work efficiently with a high level of quality
- Ability to adhere to all safety requirements when working with bio-hazardous materials and control cultures
- Talent to collaborate with cross-functional partners for completion of projects