Job ID: 105171
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on Snapchat or send your images on Instagram, you get great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
Free Text – An overall description of the role and a definition where the role fits and interacts with.
What will your job look like?
- You will take ownership and accountability of specific modules within an application, provide technical support and guidance during solution design for new requirements, and perform problem resolution for critical / complex issues.
- You will ensure that code is maintainable, scalable and supportable.
- You will present demos of the software products to stakeholders and internal/external customers, using knowledge of the product/solution and technologies to influence the direction and evolution of the product/solution.
- You will investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code and providing fixes (analyzing and fixing bugs) and workarounds, review changes to operability to maintain existing software solutions, highlight risks and help mitigate risks from technical aspects.
- You will bring continuous improvements/efficiencies to the software or business processes by utilizing software engineering tools and various innovative techniques, and reusing existing solutions. By means of automation, you will reduce design complexity, reduce time to response, and simplify the client/end-user experience.
- You will represent/lead discussions related to product/application/modules/team (for example, lead technical design reviews). You will need to build relationships with internal customers/stakeholders.
All you need is…
- University Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Strong knowledge in Java eco-system (~5 years)
- Solid design, coding, testing and debugging skills
- Understanding middleware technologies (Sync, A-sync patterns, Messages bus, REST \ WS services, etc.
- Understanding DBs SQL, NoSQL,
- Benefit – Experience with K8S/Docker
- Benefit – Knowledge in cloud technologies
- Benefit – Experience with designing and building integration \ data processing solution
Why you will love this job:
- You will serve as an expert in specific technology.
- You will take an active role in technical mentoring within the team.
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce