Lubrizol Advanced Materials is an essential ingredient in improving lives. Our innovative products enhance the shampoos, lotions and soaps you use; the medicine you take; the sports apparel and shoes you wear; the detergents that keep your whites whiter and your colors from fading; the medical devices that speed your recovery and enhance your comfort; the specialty coatings that make your wood furniture, floors and cabinets more durable, more beautiful and more sustainable; and the plumbing systems in your home that will never corrode, pit or scale. With such a diverse portfolio, Lubrizol Advanced Materials offers unparalleled career growth opportunities for top-talent. To learn more about each of our core businesses, click on the following links: Engineered Polymers, Personal Care, Home Care, Lubrizol LifeSciences, Performance Coatings, and Lubrizol CPVC Piping Systems.
The Lubrizol Corporation currently has an opening for a safety-minded, motivated team player to fill the role of Research and Development Operator Technician at our facility in Brecksville, Ohio. As a technician, you prepare and process materials, setup and operate equipment. If there’s a problem, we need your analytical support and troubleshooting skills to help solve it.
- Deliver accurate and timely laboratory results while demonstrating Lubrizol Cultural Beliefs and ensuring safe working conditions.
- Conduct experiments according to defined operating procedures, including operation of Henschel mixers, 2-roll mill, pipe extrusion, pipe fitting injection molding and compression molding machines. Continuously improve work instructions and procedures as necessary to operate safely and efficiently.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and work closely with scientists, engineers, and business partners to resolve issues or problems, and appropriately elevate situations to scientists, engineers, manager and/or business partner when necessary.
- Recognize validity of test data, evaluate data to ensure accuracy prior to communicating results, and notify manger regarding non-conformances and work to identify root causes of inconsistent test data.
- Document test data in Excel or Lubrizol internal software.
- Articulate and communicate lab results to scientist, manager, and business partners with timely status updates.
- Assemble, prepare, and maintain extrusion, injection molding, and other test equipment.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair on equipment, as defined in the work instructions, and elevate and collaborate with scientists to resolve any concerns.
- Practice hazard recognition in daily work activities. Seek to improve and promote the safety, organization, environmental impact and efficiency of the work area.
- Recognize priority conflicts and work with operations manager to resolve while running multiple experiments at the same time.
- Follow the flexible workforce mindset, seeking to cross-train to help areas of highest need focusing on overall group needs.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED
- At least one year of experience in a R&D lab, manufacturing, or similar industrial/academic setting
- Observational and recordkeeping skills to track conditions, procedures, deviations, and results of experiments.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills to evaluate not only the results of experiments but also the procedures used to obtain them as well as identify root causes of any problems.
- Working knowledge of core mathematical/statistical concepts.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office). Knowledge of web-enabled Mainframe applications; Scheduler/Inventory, Measurements, Research Explorer, Information Warehouse, Lab Messenger, and MCR.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment and accomplished shared goals.
CONSIDERED A PLUS:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in chemistry or science-related field
- Experience in plastic or rubber manufacturing processes
- Working knowledge of plastics extruders and/or injection molding machines
- Familiarity with Lubrizol products, intermediates, and raw materials
Lubrizol offer competitive Benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision,401K, Age Weighted Defined Contribution Plan
And so much more!
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone – ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square – the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.
Do You Need Assistance?
Please let us know if you need an accommodation to proceed with your application for a posted job, or with any other aspect of the interview or assessment process. You can either call 440-943-4200 and ask for Talent Acquisition or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this phone line and email address are not to be used for checking on the status of an already submitted application and not to be used by third party recruiters.