Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
R&D Engineer II
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an R&D Engineer II supporting Electrophysiology projects within the Rhythm Management division. Electrophysiology is an exciting growth driver for BSC. This role will utilize a variety of new and proven technologies to deliver life-changing medical devices to patients and clinicians in support of BSC’s mission. This role supports key new product development product lines with high visibility which will provide the right candidate with excellent growth potential. The R&D role will be a key team member in providing mechanical engineering support in the creation and development of new electrophysiology ablation catheter technologies.
- Create a strong team culture around high expectations & high performance
- Facilitate crisp decision making around key technical issues
- Provide clear communication to stakeholders at key technical updates
- Leverage internal/external partners as necessary to achieve project objectives
- Lead the design & execution of structured experimental plans to drive data-based decisions
- Develop novel improvements to products or processes resulting in expansion of BSC’s Intellectual Property portfolio in key strategic areas.
- Successfully completes engineering work in one or more of the following: technology development, product design and development, test method development, specification development, bench & preclinical studies.
- Assess the feasibility and soundness of alternative engineering processes, products, or equipment.
- Translates customer needs into product requirements and design specifications.
- May interface with Physicians/Cath Lab personnel to obtain feedback on concepts and performance of new devices
- Works cooperatively with process development, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical, and marketing on complex projects to ensure project success.
- May train and/or provide work direction to technicians
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical degree with 2+ years of experience or MS degree
- Strong mechanical engineering skills
- Expertise in design simulation tools and analysis techniques
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on technical inputs from multiple and varied sources.
- Excellent organizational, communication and collaboration skills.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Strong leadership skills
- Success working on a team and developing practical solutions to complex and difficult problems.
- Experience developing and validating test methods
- Solid experimental design and statistical analysis knowledge
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently to plan with little guidance, assist with scheduling and executing activities necessary to meet project timelines
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
- Ability to research literature and develop clinical understanding with technical credibility to develop a strategy for regulatory submission
Requisition ID: 483248
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.