Additional Locations: Remote
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
This is a remote based role. The candidate can sey anywhere within the U.S (central U.S is highly desired).
The R&D Clinical Optimization Scientist serves as a technical expert who spends substantial time in the clinic to drive optimization of patient outcomes in neuromodulation. The position will 1) play a pivotal role in the development of new therapies from concept through commercialization, and 2) spend time in the clinic with commercial patients to obtain first-hand exposure, support execution of exploratory clinical studies, and research in the form of analytics, modeling, or algorithm development. The candidate will have strong collaboration skills and be able to work well with external (e.g., physicians, patients) and internal (other R&D engineers and members of other company functions) stakeholders.
- Works to develop/enhance neuromodulation programming understanding and algorithms through exploratory research activities and observations from commercial field experience.
- Performs advanced programming to provide improved pain therapy to patients.
- Liaises with field teams to identify clinical needs and constraints related to patient care.
- Prepares reports/presentations to convey learnings to internal team members.
- Strives to maintain an up-to-date and informed knowledge on state of the art commercial neuromodulation therapies and capabilities.
- Develops algorithms and perform analyses that improve therapy offerings.
- Participates in meetings and planning to advance the therapy optimization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a solid scientific background and a corresponding Bachelor of Science degree, preferably within neuroscience or nursing.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated by relevant previous experience.
- Must have attention to detail and keen perception and situational awareness.
- Must have strong reasoning and logical deduction to interpret observations and results to propose and design analytical programing approaches.
- Previous experience dealing with customers in the medical field and representing the technical side of a company.
- This role will require significant travel up to 60% (domestic).
- Master’s degree demonstrating experience in computational modeling or analytical skill sets in science is preferred.
- Candidate with 2+ year experience in Spinal Cord Stimulator (SCS) Systems and/or Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) is highly desired.
- Previous medical device experience is desirable.
Requisition ID: 505306
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.