Requisition Number: 43941
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that provide more than 150 material formulations for glass, glass ceramics and fluoride crystals to meet demand for unique customer needs. Consequently, this segment operates in a wide variety of commercial and industrial markets that include display optics and components, semiconductor optics components, aerospace and defense, astronomy, ophthalmic products, telecommunications components and cover glass that is optimized for portable display devices.
- Monday – Friday; 7am – 3:30pm
- Administers the plant change management process by:
- Intaking and reviewing change requests.
- Scheduling and facilitating change reviews with plant leadership and support personnel.
- Assigning and tracking follow up actions.
- Drives improvements to change management processes including the support of transitioning to utilizing Windchill system to administer changes.
- Provides administrative and hands-on support in managing discrepant material flow.
- Evaluates and sorts quarantined components identified to be suspect.
- Provides project leadership or support in driving improvements to plant quality systems.
- Intakes and processes product returns.
- Performs process and ISO 9001 internal audits.
- Two-year degree or equivalent
- Standard PPE will be provided
Nice to haves include:
- Experience in manufacturing or inspection of precision optics, mechanics, or systems.
- Ability to query data from Excel and relational databases.
- Experience with Windchill, ETQ, or other quality systems.
- ISO 9001 experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar position.
- Strong understanding of relational databases and Excel.
- Efficiency and accuracy in data entry.
- Enjoys getting hands dirty and performing light duty tasks in inspection or production as needed.
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings.
- Process driven with a passion to drive and implement process improvements.
- A history of successfully interacting and communicating with others in a positive manner.
- Eagerness to learn and grow in the position.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.