With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 9,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $1.9 billion in revenues in fiscal 2020. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Quality Lab Tech – Sign-On Bonus!
Perform dimensional, visual and physical properties inspections of product at various stages of manufacturing process.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Prepare metallic samples for chemical analysis.
• Run prepared samples on chemical analysis instruments and other analysis devices.
• Prepare addendums as necessary to correct chemistry issues against the requirements.
• Maintain quality records including filing, scanning, updating, creating, etc.
• Effectively communicate with manufacturing personnel and other relevant staff on the quality inspection results and production needs.
• Maintain and update procedures and other quality documentation as needed.
• Prepare certificates of analysis to accompany shipments to customers.
• Input internal audit data to produce reports.
• Enter data into SAP QMS including inspection plans, routing inspections, material master, and cert profiles.
• Perform verification and effectiveness audits for RCAs.
• Assist with QMS K100 implementation.
• Follow up on NCR and initiate corrective action when necessary.
• Assist with training documentation and filing.
• Assist with calibration scheduling.
• Act as Quality Manager designee.
• Write procedures and practices as required.
• Maintain 5S+1 in office area.
Education, Work Experience, Skills, Certificates
High School Diploma or GED.
3-5 Years of relevant work experience.
• Familiar with ISO requirements. Experience with Nadcap, nuclear, GE, or other standards a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of SAP (or high aptitude with ability to learn quickly).
• Strong Math skills.
• Must be able to read complex documents and quickly decipher requirements and regulations.
As part of our core values, Kennametal is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all people. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.