Precision Planting is an innovative company that is changing the agriculture industry in remarkable ways. In only twenty years, we have helped redefine agriculture in the US and globally. Our products make growers more productive, increase yields, current agricultural practices more sustainable, and reduce the costs to feed a growing world. Precision Planting is growing rapidly and has many new products and business opportunities it is pursuing to continue that growth. We are entrepreneurial in our DNA, fast-paced in our actions, and value hard work, innovative thinking, open communications, and teamwork. If you share these values, then we might be the right place for you to contribute, grow and succeed in your career.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as the Quality Inspector. The person should enjoy working in a very dynamic, fast-paced environment. We are looking for a hands-on, roll up your sleeves type of inspector who is comfortable living in the details and has the ability to understand the big picture.
- Inspection and documentation of products at various stages including incoming receiving, in-process production, and inventory. At times, perform evaluations of product returns associated with customer claims to determine cause of failure and document results.
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of reported issues in Receiving, Production, and Shipping departments as needed.
- Conduct periodic audits of production processes to identify potential issues that may require further investigation.
- Communicate information regarding product quality issues to other personnel within the organization.
- Initiate and foster a spirit of cooperation with people within and outside of the Quality department.
- Support the Quality Control Manger in the process of timely disposition of rejected product, including information gathering, processing of defective products, and as needed, participation in material review.
- Operation of Romer Portable CMM for inspection and reverse engineering. Develop and update new inspections in the corresponding software and train other inspectors on usage of the CMM.
- Create and update inspection plans from engineering prints and other specifications as directed.
- Arrange for, or build basic test hardware used for inspection methods.
- Coordinate and implement planned improvement projects in the Quality department.
- Conduct training of inspection staff on processes and tools.
- Assist the Quality Control manager (or designee) with equipment calibration activities.
- 2 plus years of experience and/or training in Quality and/or Manufacturing with specialized knowledge in inspection process and procedures.
- Minimum High School Diploma. Associates degree or applicable quality certifications preferred but not required.
- Technical mindset/ability with basic understanding of mechanical and electrical concepts.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings/specifications that include GD&T principles and apply them to inspections.
- Experience using inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers, hard gages, meters, and test equipment, etc.
- Extensive experience with Romer Portable CMM, including running and creating programs.
- PC skills – server navigation, ERP and inventory control software, inspection software, MS Office, spreadsheet data entry, capture/upload pictures, and Google Drive/Docs/Sheets.
- Above average documentation skills
- Applicant must be a good culture fit: Team player, professional, willingness to help, and respect for others.
- Thoroughness and strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision; work well under pressure at times and able to manage multiple tasks at times.
- Possess problem solving skills.
- Sense of urgency
- Ability to be flexible and adept at shifting priorities and directions
- Proficiency with basic Warehouse Management/Manufacturing software
- Minimum travel, as needed.
- Process improvement skills or experience
- Past experience in training others
AGCO is an equal opportunity employer.