Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
Quality Engineer II/Molding and Braiding Supervisor
About this role:
Provide Quality Engineering support to Maple Grove commercial manufacturing lines in Molding and Braiding to ensure delivery of the highest quality product to the customer while supporting continuous improvement projects and quality initiatives. Partner with production and manufacturing engineers for daily operations support and with product development teams to provide quality engineering support and help ensure development of highest quality new products. This position requires interactions with multiple divisions and value streams across Boston Scientific.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supervise technician team in molding and braiding.
- Reduces and controls Manufacturing process defects (scrap, nonconforming material, customer complaints) leading or participating in efforts and cross-functional teams focused on identifying the primary root causes and implementing corrective and preventative actions. May be responsible for implementing product stops & documenting release criteria.
- Develops and implements product quality plans, documents and systems by creating product specifications, quality specifications, quality plans, risk analysis, FMEAs in conjunction with other product development team members. May be responsible for creating risk analyses and FMEAs.
- Develops and implements Process Monitoring Systems by identifying critical process steps which could culminate in possible sources of manufacturing defects and devising methods to reduce process variation to reduce/eliminate the cause of defects.
- Collects and analyzes process defect data for product/process improvement efforts (e.g. scrap, nonconforming product, customer complaints) by systematically gathering quality metric data and performing the appropriate analysis method(s) to enhance sustaining product design and new product development.
- Will own and drive Nonconforming Event and Correction and Preventive Action investigations.
- Creates Quality Tools & Training Materials by applying body of knowledge/expertise and communicating to respective teams.
- Evaluates the adequacy and compliance of systems, operations, and practices against regulation and company documentation. Could serve as auditor of areas of the BSC quality system, such as development and manufacturing, as assigned.
What we’re looking for in you:
- BS in Engineering with 2+ of relevant experience
- Experience supervising or leading teams
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently under limited supervision
- Knowledge of basic Quality Systems and good documentation practices
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects covering diverse engineering (i.e. Software, Hardware, Labeling) disciplines.
- Experience in medical device field in a manufacturing support role a plus
- Self-starter with the ability to identify improvement opportunities
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and driving projects to completion.
- Prior interactions with the following disciplines: manufacturing engineering, post market complaints, CAPA, risk management, supplier quality, and process engineering
- Knowledge of analytical techniques, problem solving and statistical analysis
- Comfort speaking to groups of individuals. Presentation skills that comfortably and concisely translate manufacturing performance and issues to peer and senior management audiences.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with product/component documentation, inspection and testing, and Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
Requisition ID: 495216
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.