What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
This position supports International Paper’s Columbus Modified Fiber Plant (CMF), located in Columbus, Mississippi. CMF is a vital part of International Paper’s Global Cellulose Fibers Business. We are a converting operation that produces specialty fibers used in the production of diapers and other absorbent personal care products. This role monitors for deliverables to be compliant with required standards; oversees collection, measuring, analysis, and reporting of program performance metrics. Coordinates with program & operations management positions to identify and implement corrective actions as appropriate; supports, documents, and validates process improvement initiatives. The position reports to the Quality Manager.
Tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage data collection, measuring, analysis, and reporting of Quality performance metrics. Lead continuous improvement projects in addressing leading indicators in Quality performance metrics.
- Support the Quality and Customer Service Managers to evaluate incoming customer claims. Manage product disposition, investigation, and internal response.
- Provide support for regulatory authorities and external customers regarding system compliance (e.g. audits), resolution of customer/fleet specific technical issues, and special project requests or field evaluations.
- Ensure non-conforming product is properly identified, segregated, reviewed, and disposed in accordance with customer requirements.
- Lead and/or assist in root-cause analysis and corrective/preventive actions implemented to address non-conformances derived from audits, internal events, or quality incidents.
- Participate in and/or lead internal and external design reviews / product trials / raw material qualifications, and equipment installation qualifications.
- Initial participation in Plant continuous improvement program, with goal of becoming Site Owner and manager of action item assignments.
- Become certified as a Safety Leader and participate in CMF Safety programs.
- Site owner of Internal Quality Incident (IQI) determination and response.
- Four year [minimum] degree in Quality, Engineering, Business, Industrial, or similar technical discipline; industry experience applicable to the position may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years applicable industry experience
- Experience in investigations, root cause analysis and corrective/preventive action, and structured problem solving
- Experience with Statistical Analysis
- Experience with external customer relations
- Working knowledge of ISO 9000:2015
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent leadership skills
- Proven commitment to safety and safety processes
- High level of initiative and motivation
- Strong communication skills (oral & written) with all levels of an organization
- Able to excel with minimum supervision and work independently
- Desire and ability to work as a team player
- Desire to aggressively learn and continue to develop knowledge and skills
- Experience in the pulp and paper industry
- Industrial Engineering experience
- Risk Analysis experience
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel
- Experience using PowerBI and Minitab
- Familiarity with process control
- Experience with Lean or Six Sigma philosophy and methodologies
- 5S Training and implementation experience
- Drive for results
- Interpersonal skills
- Technical & functional skills
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.