BWXT Medical Ltd. provides its customers, who conduct life-saving medical procedures for patients around the world, the benefit of decades of experience in the development, manufacturing, packaging and delivery of medical isotopes and radiopharmaceuticals. Headquartered in Kanata, Ontario, BWXT Medical Ltd. employs over 150 highly-skilled people in Kanata and Vancouver, British Columbia. BWXT Medical Ltd. is part of the BWXT nuclear power segment (NPG) of BWX Technologies, Inc.
• Perform routine monitoring of controlled systems and facilities.
• Perform specific administrative duties such as maintaining accurate records of observations, results and data evaluations.
• Follow ongoing production processes for conformance to operating procedures, product specification, GMP regulations and ISO standards.
• Must possess effective communication and interpersonal skills and be a dedicated team player.
• Must be able to work a variety of shifts as per the collective agreement, which includes regular scheduled weekend shifts.
• This position is classified as a Nuclear Energy Worker.
• Be able to push and pull hand carts with an initial and end force of up to 25kgs on and occasional basis.
• Be able to lift up to 5kgs on a frequent basis and 10kgs on an occasional basis.
• Have good vision either corrected or uncorrected.
• Be able to stand for up to 3 hours at a time.
• Must be able to work with arms extended (in fumehoods/gloveboxes while manipulating lab equipment) for up to 15 – 20 minutes at a time.
• Must be able to remain in a clean room for potentially up to 3 hours at a time.
• There are shift work and overtime requirements.
BWXT Medical Ltd. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended or any other category protected by federal law.