Job Title: Technician, Quality Assurance
Reports to: Manager, Quality
Classification: Non-Exempt/Hourly, plus an additional $1 shift differential for working an off-shift
Shift: 3rd Shift, 10:30pm-7am
This position is responsible for supporting plant quality initiatives tied to process and product quality. The successful candidate will work with cross-functional teams (including Supplier Quality, Operations, Warranty and Design Engineering) to reduce quality defects and improve the overall customer experience.
- Liaison between Manufacturing and Technical Support Departments to resolve quality issues
- Assist Quality Assurance Engineers with process and product improvement plans. These initiatives will be focused on the following:
- Continuous Improvement of plant processes
- Conduct process and product audits
- Assist in development of gauge, fixture and tool calibration program
- Support Internal CAR process
- Quality reporting / escalation
- Support resolving customer issues
- Troubleshoot warranty and customer return items
- Document Work Procedures
Employees are responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, policies and procedures. Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) and report any defective PPE.
- Report all near-misses, incidents, injuries, illnesses, including mobile equipment or property damage.
- Participation in the site Safety and Health Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
High School Diploma.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with GD&T
- Possess above average analytical skills
- Must have excellent communications skills
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (particularly MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Six Sigma methodology
- Experience with implementation of Document Control systems
This position has no direct reports.
This job operates in both a professional office and manufacturing environment. This role occasionally uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works with or near to moving trucks, trailers, fork trucks, and near large machinery and equipment daily. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is exposed to a variety of extreme conditions including temperatures ranging from 40°F to 105°F.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Also, will use hands and fingers to handle or feel and reach with hands or arms. The employee must be able to stand for up to twelve hours per day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must wear personal protective equipment (i.e. eye protection, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, sleeves, etc.).
Minimal travel is expected for this position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.