|City:||Urbana, AR, United States|
|Location:||Urbana Plant (GA11)|
Canfor’s strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
Reporting to the Sawmill and Dry End Superintendent, you will be working to maximize profit and product quality by optimizing production and grade standards to meet current market demands and customer requirements.
- Supervise quality control processes in the Planer and Sawmill as required
- Assist in developing and achieving targets in safety, quality, cost, delivery and employee engagement
- Work closely with supervisors to ensure safety, quality and production standards are understood and achieved
- Develop and improve management systems that optimize production and grade outturn
- Ensure the regular monitoring and tracking of machine center performance
- Perform regular grade checks to improve grade accuracy and outturn
- Have knowledge or be prepared to obtain knowledge of MSR process with expectation to fulfill role of MSR lead
- Experience in the mill optimization process
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- Well-developed people and team building skills
- Strong computer skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant.
We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent