Job Req ID: 802201
Position Number: 00162656
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: 1st shift, 8AM-5PM, M-F
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: PFS – Management
Location: Continuing Care Services
Location Details: Position Currently Remote
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Performs required audits for the Financial Counseling department in order to determine training trends. Assists in the development of training material. Consults and educates patients on Medicaid eligibility requirements and the application process.
- Consults and educates patients on Medicaid eligibility requirements and the application process.
- Opens and submits Medicaid application on the patient’s behalf when appropriate.
- Follows-up with patients by telephone to make sure they complete the applications within the legal deadlines.
- Follows-up with the state agencies to make sure they have all the information/documentation necessary to complete the application and make a determination.
- Provides feedback to management regarding additional training and training materials needed.
- Attends meetings and seminars as required by the job.
- Completes required audits of SP accounts to identify trends resulting in process improvements.
Work requires long periods of sitting. Works in a fast-paced environment, which requires good concentration and ability to make rapid decisions. Must be able to lift up to 5 lbs.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree or 4 years experience in Patient Financial Services, Medicaid Eligibility, Social Work, or Auditing required. Must have knowledge of Medicaid programs, Patient Accounting, and Registration processes. PC computer with knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer