Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Purchasing Manager II
This role can sit in Spencer, IN or can be Remote
About the role:
As a Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for establishing strategic direction and guide procurement in a timely manner to meet the key sourcing objectives. Evaluate opportunities with leveraging relationships between BSC sites, divisions, and strategic supplier base to improve organizational efficiency and optimize business and financial opportunities. Identify, qualify and manage quality competitive suppliers, ensure purchasing department complies with all legal and appropriate policies and procedures. Hire, train and develop purchasing personnel to organize and execute the purchase of materials.
Your responsibilities include:
- Demonstrates strong ability to develop and manage mutually beneficial relationships with supply base translating into high performing supplier execution and support of critical BSC business objectives.
- Responsible for buyer team development, training, and mentorship by identifying critical direct purchasing skill-sets and ensuring successful execution of training and training documentation.
- Provides motivation for employees to optimize their personal and professional growth. Creates an environment of positive reinforcement and teamwork.
- Demonstrate leadership, set continuous improvement goals and department objectives, review performance regularly and deliver salary and performance reviews, always rewarding performance.
- Provide procurement support to various new product development teams.
- Develops partnerships and drives collaboration with Global Sourcing team to support continuous improvement opportunities including supplier performance management, contract negotiation input and value improvement projects.
- Provides key inputs and partnership with Global Sourcing in commodity strategy development to ensure effective support of the needs of the business within the Spencer plant and respective divisional customers.
- Investigates all new developments relative to materials and supplies and makes recommendations designed to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Leads and manages Direct Purchasing continuous improvement projects, as assigned, for the broader BSC network.
- Communicates with Supplier Quality to investigate Supplier’s facilities, capacity, and ability to meet quality requirements, specifications, and delivery dates.
- Reviews and processes claims against suppliers for unsatisfactory materials or equipment.
- Keeps abreast of price trends in basic raw materials and supplies, makes recommendations on the timing and quantity of purchases, and the establishment of most economical purchase quantities.
- Initiates and adheres to standard procurement practices.
- Must comply with requirements of ISO 14001 and BSC Environmental, Health and Safety standards and follow procedures and instructions related to these standards.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports BSC’s Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Bachelor's degree plus 5+ years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5+ years of Direct Material Purchasing, RFP/RFQ experience and Contracts (Supply, Design, Service, Quality)
- ERP Experience (SAP preferred), Medical Device Mfg. Experience, supervisory experience, strong negotiation skills
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 477947