BJ’s Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
INVENTORY CONTROL CLERK
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Works proactively with department teams to track, plan, coordinate and execute department inventory counts control county cycles as prescribed by Home Office within assigned deadlines.
- Follow count processes and procedures.
- Obtains return authorizations from vendors, processes vendor chargebacks, and packages and ships merchandise returns based on vendor return policies.
- Maintains the correct stock / inventory status for all damaged, defective, and returned merchandise.
- Assesses breakage logs associated with leaking, spoiled and broken merchandise and processes merchandise out of inventory. Processes freezer and dairy damages.
- Conducts daily club safety walks in the absence of RTV.
- Understands the company’s community donation programs and administers salvage and donation merchandise orders.
- Executes merchandise protection on designated items.
- Reviews daily return reports, processes merchandise recalls, and processes tire and battery returns.
- Re-wraps sellable merchandise using proper seal and shrink-wrap packaging guidelines.
- Ensures the department is organized and clean. Follows established safety, filing organization, and lock-up standards.
- Enters weekly front door recoveries into case management system weekly or as directed by AP Supervisor.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Must successfully complete required training and certification processes.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and computer skills.
- Basic math skills required.
- At least 18 years of age.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members in this role. It is not designed to contain a complete inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
BJ’s Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.