BJ’s Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Oversees the stocking, rotation, and storage of general merchandise and/or food in the club. Ensures that all merchandise is clearly labeled and fully stocked. Oversees, trains, and coaches Stock Clerks on club policies and procedures and best merchandising practices.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Oversees the stocking, rotation, and storage of general merchandise and/or food. Ensures that all merchandise is fully stocked.
- Oversees, trains, and coaches Stock Clerks on merchandising policies and procedures.
- Verifies received shipments to ensure that all items are delivered.
- Maintains display signage for all products. Creates labels and/or applies merchandise sales tags to items. Ensures all product labels and price tags are clear and visible.
- Ensures the club is neat, clean, and organized. Performs general housekeeping duties, including removing trash and cardboard from the club.
- Handles damaged goods and spoiled products in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Oversee the processing of deliveries.
- Completes and maintains necessary training and annual safety re-certifications to effectively operate a forklift.
- Execution of daily drop list, hot list and zero sales reports.
- Participates in club opening and closing hand off walks.
- Responsible for responding to Alarm calls in accordance with Emergency Flip chart and Alarm response training
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members in this role. It is not designed to contain a complete inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
BJ’s Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.