What You’ll Do
The Burlington Intake position acts as first line of response for all BMO transit locations across Canada. This position will be permanenetly based out of Scarborough however training will take place in Burlington.
- Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire and/or ambulance personnel, and escalate to leadership as outlined in standard operating procedures
- Provide overall security, through virtual camera patrols, observation and reporting.
- Monitor closed CCVE to ensure security of facilities and company property
- Confirm security, compliance and integrity of Garda world
- Accurately report on key security measurements through detailed report and record keeping
- Consistent communication and coordination with operations team, client team, Local law enforcement
- Required to work regular Night shift but be flexible to work other shifts as required
- Review and report on specified metrics
- Respond in a timely manner to internal and external requests (Managing outlooks)
- Audit and ensure all cameras are working.
- Oversee and coordinate office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedures
- Establish work priorities, ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed
- Coordinate and plan for office and security services, such as maintenance, cleanups, dispatch for technicians and guards and various police agencies etc
- Assemble data, prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence
- Managing inbound calls, maintains effective communications interacting with customers,
- internal stakeholders, various law enforcement agencies, alarm and monitoring stations etc.
- Drafting and formatting correspondence in Microsoft Word, setting up, tracking data, and manipulating Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Collects information and data, creates reports and co-ordinate the flow of information while maintaining effective communication
- Provides support to facility management operations projects by planning and scheduling Technicians’ to project work
- Various Surveillance detail projects management
- Investigate violations of the standard operating procedures
- Escalate & report incidents in a timely fashion as per standard operating procedures
Who you are
- Creative and courageous, with the ability to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold, strategic moves in this rapidly evolving retail environment
- Action oriented, and comfortable taking calculated risks to better serve our customers and business
- Outcome focused, critical thinkers with the ability to analyze and visualize, to ensure continuous improvement across our entire business
- Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
- Inclusive leaders who build and develop teams that effectively anticipate and respond to disruption, while consistently delivering strong performance If you’re curious, ready to take on new challenges and open to doing things differently to help us evolve rapidly, then this is definitely the place to be.
What you bring
- Post-secondary diploma in Security and Law Enforcement, or prior experience in EMC/intake environment.
- Capable of working in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and a strong customer service orientation
- Strong attention to detail through observation and patrol and able to demonstrate superior and accurate report writing skills
- Ability to effectively handle stressful and potentially threatening incidents with the highest degree of professionalism
- Ability to follow and enforce safety codes, regulations and procedures
- Ability to handle private and confidential information
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft products, excel, outlook and other security related systems
- Valid Driver’s License in good standing.
- Must have a proven record of superior attendance standards