Proposition Development Manager
Job Location: Brighton-based for at least 2 days per week
What will we do for your career?
The MetLife brand is iconic with a rich history and role in society. The company has significant global expertise, with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion, wellness, engagement, and career development. As an expert in your profession, MetLife will develop you further and nurture your best talents whilst building on your potential. Working for a global insurance business will present you with many cross-collaboration opportunities. In your local office, you will help drive the value proposition of two major lines of a growing portfolio, working with multiple functions, senior stakeholders, contributing to the effectiveness of the UK business. You won’t be alone, we have strong systems, governance, and support in place to ensure you are effective in your career.
Role Value Proposition:
Role sits within the UK Product team, a combination of actuarial and proposition roles supporting Employee Benefits and Individual Protection business lines, together with the closed Wealth Management portfolio. This role specialises in Employee Benefits ‘EB’ and Individual Protection ‘IP’; supporting MetLife’s strategy of delivering shareholder value by shaping the propositions to create distribution advantage, optimizing value and risk, and delivering the right solutions for the right customers. Role works closely with Actuarial, Sales, Legal, Compliance & Risk, Operations (including Claims and Medical Underwriting), Scheme Underwriting and Marketing.
- Develop and manage new and existing insurance products for the EB and IP lines in conjunction with actuarial staff, managing the product development process for the EB and IP lines ensuring all relevant approvals obtained prior to launch.
- Monitor macro-environment, competitor developments and insurance markets, understanding impact of regulatory and legislative changes on MetLife’s insurance products.
- Write and manage insurance product literature for EB and IP lines, including but not limited to policy terms and conditions, policy schedules, policy summaries, and technical guides.
- Lead, assist and support product management issues relating to sales, operations, complaints, claims, underwriting etc.
- Manage third-party relationships in respect of value-added services including the MetLife Master Trusts and Wellbeing Hub.
Essential Business Experience
- Job Knowledge – Demonstrate expert levels of relevant insurance industry knowledge and skills to perform all aspects of the job. Evidence of ongoing acquisition of new knowledge and skills to continually improve performance. Demonstrates knowledge of the company’s business, products and governing legislation and regulations; stays current on trends and issues facing the company and marketplace; uses current technologies; considers the broader context in which the job is embedded when making decisions.
- Accountability for Results – Demonstrates personal responsibility for completing tasks within deadlines with strong attention-to-detail to a high standard and achieving high quality results in a financial services environment. Accepts responsibility for successes and failures and uses feedback to modify behaviour. Looks for commercially strong outcomes.
- Customer Focus – Considers the customer perspective and strives to find creative solutions that are in the best interest for the customer and the business. Manages expectations and monitors satisfaction. Establishes goals with customers in mind and follows up on customer needs; ensures product is suitable, fit for purpose and champions initiatives to improve customer experience.
- Communication Skills: Demonstrates the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly in both written and verbal format; solicits ideas and input from others; listens to diverging opinions; influences others to adopt a course of action.
- Initiative: – Demonstrates willingness to proactively address current and potential challenges and opportunities; willingly accepts increased responsibilities, seeks new opportunities to improve a task or process. Drives innovation within the propositions team and the wider UK EB and IP business.
- Execution: – Demonstrates a sense of urgency to achieve results; acts decisively to prioritise workload, meet deadlines, and achieve deliverables; efficiently manages time, projects and resources across multiple priorities to meet schedule and budget constraints.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent.
- Must be committed to work towards financial services qualifications such as FPC or ACII etc. or equivalent
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office
- DipCII or ACII qualification through Chartered Insurance Institute
- Technical project delivery e.g. GDPR
MetLife will assist in the funding of Professional Fees for employees where it is relevant and aligned to your position within the organisation. MetLife reserve the right to make a judgement on whether the subscription is relevant or not to your role as well as cease the payment at any time. This type of subscription will not incur “benefit in kind” tax.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of MetLife to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination on any basis protected by law.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 118335
We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, ethnicities, genders, religions and sexual orientations.
We strive to find the best candidate for all positions and a diverse range of applicants ensures we widen our talent pool in order to achieve this.
Those with disabilities and neurodiverse conditions, please do let us know about your reasonable adjustments to ensure that we can best meet your needs.
MetLife UK is proud of our interests outside of our core business. Here’s a few that might interest you too.