Additional Locations: (n/a)
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
Project Manager II
About the Role:
Responsible for managing the portfolio of Maple Grove Operations products. Specific responsibilities include identifying and driving alignment with senior leadership on new business opportunities, transfers, and outsourcing.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Identifies opportunities: Works with key business leaders to identify, align and prioritize strategic opportunities.
- Develops recommendations: Develops and delivers recommendations to senior management and all stakeholders.
- Generate high-level plans and schedules on larger projects
- Assess business risk and prioritize tasks among many activities as multiple projects will be assigned
- Elevate issues and clear barriers to team progress will be tantamount to success in this role
- Resolve conflicts with team members and involve functional management as required to ensure timely project completion
- Manages projects: Develops project plans outlining work plans, timelines, roles and resources; Identifies, leads and drives cross-functional project; Manages team progress to ensure achievement of all milestones and deliverables; Provides updates to senior management and all stakeholders of progress through frequent communications of findings at regular intervals via reports and meetings.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- May lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, and if applicable, drive those practices throughout their organization.
- Make frequent presentations to upper management
- Assignments are expressed in the form of objectives; makes decisions regarding work processes or operational plans and schedules to achieve the objectives established by senior management. Exerts influence in the development of overall strategy, objectives, and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally cause substantial expenditure of additional time, human resources, and funds; and may jeopardize future business activity.
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work is reviewed by senior management in terms of meeting the organization’s objectives and schedules.
- Leads and Manages the coordination of the activities required to drive alignment at multiple levels in BSC on new business opportunities, transfers and outsources for Maple Grove Operations.
- Creates mid- to long-range plans to carry out objectives established by top management. Forecasts future Maple Grove Operational needs including human and material resources and capital expenditures.
- Builds consensus for operating goals that are in alignment with Maple Grove Operations. Influences through Boston Scientific leadership to drive alignment to Boston Scientific priorities and Maple Grove Operations Strategy.
- Frequently interacts with cross functional individuals, with equivalent level managers, customers, and/or superiors. Normally involves matters between functional areas, other company divisions or manufacturing plants.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7+ years of related work experience or master’s degree and 5+ years of related work experience
- Strong organization and execution skills will be required, as well as a demonstrated ability to confidently handle the top responsibility for project completion
- Experience working with global multi-site teams
- Demonstrated project management experience; use of project management tools (e.g. MS Project, Risk Register, Resource & Budget Planning and Control, visual management, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time domestically and internationally
- Broad product knowledge across multiple functions, divisions and/or manufacturing sites.
- Manufacturing experience desired including familiarity with new product tools such as Terms and Conditions, Design Capability Matrices, Capital approval, Cost Models, and Capacity Planning.
- Finance/Business background
- PMP certification a plus.
Requisition ID: 477945
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.