Requisition Number: 47383
Odds are that the email you read this morning travelled over Corning Optical Fiber; the smartphone you used had a Corning cover glass; and the vehicle you drove to work had cleaner emissions because of a Corning catalytic converter substrate.
We are seeking out dedicated engineers and technicians who strive to see their work make a difference! If you have a passionate belief in the power of innovation to change the world; if you rate your own success by how many people are touched by your research; and if you are up to the challenge of doing world-class science to make real, profitable advanced materials, then Corning is the place for you.
Corning Incorporated focuses on building a diverse global workforce where differences are celebrated, and employees feel safe bringing their “whole selves” to work. Our Diversity Network hosts 18 active and distinctive Employee Resource Groups. Employees have access to Allyship resources, podcasts, an internal video channel, digital learning series and trainings, all focused on building and celebrating global diversity and inclusion. Corning has been recognized as a leader in this regard and has been consistently recognized as a national employer of choice.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Lead capital projects for key manufacturing capital projects. Overall responsibility for ensuring the project’s compliance with safety, scope, schedule and cost.
- Direct supervision of project team resources. Typically, >15 full time resources total with >2 area (i.e. subordinate) leaders.
- Lead project team through all phases and stage gates of the project. Some of which includes:
- The establishment of cost, schedule and resource estimates.
- The establishment of scope of work, requirements and acceptance criteria with customer.
- Work with business in the preparation and approval of Appropriation Requests.
- Deployment and management of basic project management processes (i.e. change control, spending control, schedule management, etc.) to ensure compliance with project deliverables.
- Develop and coach project leaders and project engineers.
- Estimate travel at 25% – 75% depending upon specific project assignment. Domestic and International.
Required Education and Years of Experience:
- BS Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering Required Years and Area of Experience:
- 15+ years overall experience and 10+ years in Project management
- Project Management Skills – conviction, understanding and application
- Scope development and acceptance criteria
- Establish and manage a budget o Spending control
- Change control
- Planning, organizing and executing the plan
- Schedule management
- Strong Leadership
- Team coalescence, guiding, directing and accountability
- Runs effective team meetings – agenda, action items, controls time, etc.
- Effective interaction with internal and external customers
- Effective and timely decision making
- Conflict resolution, problem solving and decision making
- Professional conduct and demonstrated respect for others
- Ability to adapt and effectively lead a team through to changing circumstances
- Basic facility and facility equipment design, engineering and construction process.
- Procurement process to include request for quotation process, bidder qualification and selection.
- Knowledge of PDRI, Stage Gate, Last Planner and Planview
- Basic understanding of contract terms and conditions.
- Awareness of OSHA requirements
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.