Requisition Number: 46652
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
This role has responsibility for establishing guidelines for macroplanning, communication, change management, budgeting, risk and opportunities assessment, financial projection, performance measures and process flows for the company’s projects portfolio.
Country: India and neighboring countries
- Define and implement project roadmaps that support key deliverables of the strategic projects across multiple workstreams.
- Generate alignment to establish objectives, schedule, milestones, risk assessments, financial management and projections, communication and change management plans to meet external and internal customer’s needs.
- Coordinates the project portfolio through coordination meetings with the project leaders of the other initiatives of the businesses, aiming to meet the commercial and corporate goals and objectives.
- Establish requirements with internal and external customers and key stakeholders.
- Coordinates the development and manages project budgets to meet the performance requirements of the guidelines contained in the Appropriation Requests (AR).
- Establish roles, responsibilities and competencies needed for the project. Create and coordinate an effective project team, including defining and obtaining necessary resources, using internal and external personnel resources with the ability to operate and supervise matrix organizations.
- Establish legal administration requirements for the project.
- Develops a global project charter that includes scope, objectives, schedule, main milestones, risk assessment, financial projections, performance measures, communication and change management plans.
- Establishes organization and governance structures to successfully fulfill the project’s objectives.
- Use the appropriate tools and technology to ensure that multiple priorities across business and functional stakeholders get the visibility and support for successful completion of agreed goals.
- Applies project management discipline and rigor to ensure successful project implementation, including the use of performance excellence or other tools as needed.
- Raises unresolved decisions and issues to the appropriate parties.
- Through robust project management, drive accountability for deliverables, examine uncertainties, identify potential roadblocks and risks and pull the team together to come up with mitigation plans.
- Work with project sponsors, to ensure that the projects are delivered on time, within budget and with the desired quality.
- Performs lessons learned for projects and shares and applies learning for future initiatives.
- Publish periodic updates to communicate project objectives, status, and the overall impacts to project team members, customers and key stakeholders.
- Build relationships with key contributors to influence collaboration and teamwork.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of project and process management methodology.
The incumbent will work in a competitive environment that requires understanding and application of techno-commercial knowledge to strengthen Corning’s positioning in the market. He/she will need to work pro-actively to influence the global life sciences technologies and automotive divisions of the Company to increase our share in the region. The incumbent will need to exercise a nuanced approach to manage a complex mix of internal and external customers with various needs and expectations in a global matrix structure.
ii. Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- MBA from a premium Business School with a background in consulting and business.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant leadership experience in project management of large complex projects.
- Comfort with technology and ability to work across different cultures and time zones.
- Experience of managing a mix of direct and indirect businesses will be an advantage.
- Comfort around interacting with senior leaders in a global matrix environment will be preferred.