Requisition ID: 248965
Requisition Posting End Date: 01/27/2022
Bechtel National, Inc. (BNI), Bechtel’s government services business, is one of the top providers to departments and agencies of the U.S. and British governments. Its successes include many large, first-of-a-kind projects in government site management, environmental restoration, defense, space, energy, and national and homeland security.
Bechtel is on the Northrop Grumman Corp. team preparing to deliver the U.S. Ground-Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) system of inter-continental ballistic missiles and launch infrastructure. GBSD is a vital U.S. Air Force program designed to modernize the nation’s aging force of intercontinental ballistic missiles, which make up the ground element of the nuclear deterrent. As part of the Northrop Grumman GBSD nationwide team, Bechtel will provide launch system design, construction, and integration. A major contractor for the United States and allied governments, Bechtel has handled such efforts as chemical weapons demilitarization projects, missile defense, infrastructure, base operations, procurement and project management, and restoration and recovery spanning half a century. We use our expertise to help our customers securely and effectively transform mission delivery. We invite you to join our team for this very interesting opportunity!
Eligibility for this position requires US citizenship; the successful candidate must provide proof of US citizenship. All employees are subject and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment. Must be able to obtain a security clearance, as applicable.
This position performs expediting activities on the GBSD Project in compliance with Project Procurement and Expediting Procedures and ensures the timely delivery of approvals, materials, and equipment to meet the project needs. Additionally, this position manages complex packages while maintaining our security procedures, as well as manages PEX & AEX assignments, and performs supplier visits, as needed.
- Review the issued purchase order/subcontract to understand the requirements in order to support the project requirements.
- Participate in weekly scheduling meetings and provide updates.
- Expedite internal engineering for the timely review and return of approval documents/data submitted by suppliers.
- Contact/Expedite suppliers to obtain the timely submission of engineering data, follow up on material acquisitions, production schedules, and shipments.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with engineering and suppliers to review and discuss potential problem areas that may impact the required shipment dates.
- Update Digital Supply Chain (DSC) and Supplier Performance Database in a timely manner ensuring the information is accurate.
- Coordinate with individuals across many departments, such as Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Supplier Quality, Project Controls, Traffic Logistics, and Document Management Control to ensure the purchase order/subcontract is progressing to support job site requirements.
- Evaluate production schedules and progress reports from suppliers to determine if their programs and work-in-progress are on track to support job site requirements.
- Obtain copies of supplier’s orders for material, performs sub-supplier expediting, where necessary, and work closely with Supplier Quality Representative to ensure awareness of materials subject to quality performance and their locations of manufacture.
- Review Project Expeditor workload and oversee the review of Area Expeditor reports for content, completeness, and appropriateness prior to distribution to the project team. Takes corrective action on problems identified during the review of any problematic PEX and AEXs report.
- Maintain a working file of expediting related documents and memoranda of conversations to record expediting activities. Maintains a system to initiate follow-up actions at appropriate times. Provides leadership guidance to PEXs and supports the Expediting Manager to maintain timely information to support the project’s construction schedule.
- Provide guidance to the PEXs for the resolution of UOS&Ds (missing materials, damages, shortages, etc.
- Work with Material Management and T&L to support arrangements of timely deliveries to the project in support of the construction schedule activities.
- Obtain required information from shipping companies in a timely manner and coordinate with T&L and site security for driver’s acceptance on site.
- Build effective working relationships and interact with suppliers and other project departments.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of professional related work experience, or in lieu of degree, 12 years of progressive, related work experience.
- Relevant experience including but not limited to, Procurement, preferably in an EPC environment.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Must be able to obtain a site security badge for access to the worksite.
- Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and experience in implementing FAR and applicable Agency Supplements as required by the prime contract.
- Skilled in working with and communicating effectively both orally and in writing with other project functional groups, suppliers, and government officials.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the formation and administration of purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Basic Understanding of Government Contracts and flow down of applicable clauses and requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge and understanding of scheduling activities during design and fabrication stages.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.