Requisition ID: 35461
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we see challenges evolving in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff, with experience in over 150 countries, to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Our Technologies team commercializes and delivers technologies across all three of Hatch's sectors: Metals, Energy, Infrastructure. We're a team of innovators and problem solvers who deliver custom and specialized engineering to deliver novel solutions and technologies.
The Hatch Technologies Group is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join the team. Reporting to the Product Manager and Project Manager you will support projects globally based out of our Mississauga location.
In addition to developing new technologies and selecting and installing equipment in greenfield projects, we help our clients to get the most from their existing assets by providing field support, rebuild repairs, and retrofits. We also work with our clients to optimize their existing technologies to achieve the maximize benefit.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Apply engineering principles and perform calculations for custom mechanical equipment, including Finite Element Analysis of custom designed equipment, perform hydraulic fluid flow analysis and design hydraulic circuits for such equipment.
- Perform detailed design of custom mechanical systems used in proprietary Hatch equipment such as Rolling Mill Equipment.
- Assist the Engineering Manager/Project Manager with the delivery of project requirements as they relate to scope, cost and schedule
- Assistance on 3D model preparation as well as drawing production using 3D CAD packages such as Solid Edge.
- Evaluate equipment/technology selection trade-off studies, including evaluation of suitable materials of construction.
- Prepare equipment specification packages and technical project deliverables, reports and presentations
- Collaborate with process, structural and control system engineers and designers in the detailed design of custom equipment, including equipment design reviews, design development and process hazard review studies.
- Provide site support, including field verification during construction and vendor fabrication assistance
- Carry out assigned tasks within budget and schedule
You bring to the role:
- Mechanical Degree from an accredited University, with 7+ years working experience
- Registration as a professional engineer
- Willingness and ability to travel to project sites including remote sites
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated critical and creative thinking and problem solving, and brings forward solutions for our clients' toughest challenges
- Experience in the use of procedures and workflows in the execution of projects
- Ability to function as a member of a multidisciplinary team and coordinate mechanical activities between disciplines
- Ability to support and manage a team of designers and/or engineers
- Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer/client focus
- Working knowledge of industry standards, regulations and codes pertinent to the mechanical engineering discipline
- Sound knowledge of 3D data centric design systems
- Adapts and embraces change
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.