Primary location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Relocation offered: No
Employment status: Full-Time
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong’s future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other’s strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
As our Architectural Specialties (AS) Project Coordinator Supervisor based at our headquarters in Lancaster, PA, you will be responsible for providing frontline leadership to the Project Coordination (PC) Team in addition to ensure the eﬃcient execution of customer service activities in support of our Architectural Specialties Premium and Custom business.
You will also be accountable for managing the daily operations and work schedules to ensure service level goals and requirements are met, as well as providing hands-on oversight to the training and development of the Project Coordination Team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supervising the daily activities of the Project Coordination Team (5-10 direct reports)
- Offering support to the PC team during peak times by providing backup coverage
- Supporting IT initiatives, user acceptance testing and training, and backup coverage through the SAP sales and distribution module
- Creating and maintaining training modules and supporting documentation for new or existing Project Coordination Team processes
- Troubleshooting all PC team-related inquiries around processes and technology
- Providing support to IT projects related to user acceptance testing and training
- Researching process improvement opportunities and reporting progress back to management
- Identifying change and end-user requirements for key business initiatives
- Compiling data and preparing monthly reports and metrics
- Creating Ad hoc reports and support special project as needed
- Integrating new businesses into Architectural Specialties processes
- Quickly and effectively resolving issues resulting in elevated customer satisfaction
- Engaging in open communication with customers to create positive experiences
- Providing coaching on exceptional customer service skills and techniques
- Collaborating with our Operations Manager and Director of Construction Services
What will make you successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree or experience
- SAP experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Methodical analytical and math skills
- Commitment and passion for consistently exceeding customer expectations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively establish positive working relationships with various groups, across all levels of the company, suppliers, and customers
- SAP Sales and Distribution Module experience
- Experience with project management tools such as Newforma
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing network of twelve facilities.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we’re here to serve – our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It’s an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we’re committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
Our Sustainability Ambition
“Bringing our Purpose to Life” – lead a transformation in the design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders; and
- Making a positive difference in the environments and communities we impact.
Lancaster, PA. A great central location in South Central Pennsylvania, Lancaster is ideally situated for easy access to major metropolitan cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, and New York City. Lancaster offers a vibrant arts and entertainment community with wonderful historic sites, B&Bs, museums, great shopping, entertainment venues and restaurants.
Armstrong is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, AWI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at by email at AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!