Req Id: 249991
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
As a Coordinator / Project Control Officer in our SmartCore Strategy, PMO & Network Team she/he will be in charge of coordinating project activities and resources alongside several Scrum/PM managers. You will manage and oversee the steps leading up to project delivery. You will report daily to Senior Program Managers accountable for the overall delivery of given project or program.
• Monitor and control project finances (accruals, forecasts, budget, Purchase Orders)
• Ensure that timelines related to the monthly financial project management cycle are respected (accruals and projections management);
• Manage project delivery monitoring and control: overseeing progress reports, updating project logs (approvals, contingency usage, change requests, outstanding issues, decisions, risks, issues, resources, etc.);
• Contribute to project start up activities: participate in drafting of business plans, financial justifications and project plans, timelines and budgets;
• Analyze and assess project progress and support project and program managers in implementing mitigation measures. In addition, assist them with reporting;
• Work closely with the Procurement departments on change requests and extensions;
• Contribute to project completion activities: addressing outstanding issues, managing lessons learned and administrative closing of the project;
• Take active role in collaboration with Senior Program Manager of various Corporate Project Management Office (PMO) improvement initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Diploma/Certification in engineering, administration or management, with three to five years’ relevant experience as a project coordinator / controller;
- Working knowledge for discussion purposes general understanding of Network, Server and Cloud Technology (Hardware & Software)
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Project and the Microsoft Project Online environment;
• Strong proficiency in advanced Microsoft Excel functions;
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, MIRO);
• Knowledge of document management best practices, and familiarity with Confluence
• Knowledge of PMBOK and other project management methodologies, an asset;
• Familiarity with SAP project costing & reporting modules, an asset;
• Knowledge of project cost tracking;
• Bilingualism (English and French);
• Planning and prioritization skills;
• Organization, rigor and structure;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Strong communication skills (responsiveness, tact);
• Problem solving skills;
• Leadership and diplomacy skills;
• Ability to meet tight deadlines.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Toronto || Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 06/24/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.