Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the Role:
This opportunity will make you a part of Boston Scientific internship program that offers on-the-job training or project performed by university senior students at a company. The role will include activities provide Under supervisory direction, assist in the identification and pursuit of value improvement and waste elimination projects to support manufacturing and overhead areas in line with business goals and objectives. Support manufacturing and other areas of the plant in the deployment and continuous application of lean principles and practices.
The internship period will be for a period of up to 12 months and the student will receive a subsidy during their period on the company.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Identify and participate in value improvement, waste elimination and problem solution projects that drive plant and company performance improvements.
- Actively participate in lean projects (i.e. Lean Production, Business Process Improvement, Born Lean, Kaizen Events) with the Production, Process Development, Manufacturing Engineering, and other support functions.
- Perform basic engineering tasks which may include: updating production standards, maintaining BOMS and routers and creating and approving change requests (as directed by site).
- Co-facilitate lean training programs for employees at all levels and departments.
- Learn and apply lean tools that can include: 5S, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, mistake proofing and line balancing.
- Assist in the deployment and support of corporate Lean tools and Metrics (Core Five Metrics, WCG, VSP, 5S, Lean Goals and Plans, etc.).
- Perform and participate in line layout and design projects with the Process Development Engineering, Production, Facilities, and Manufacturing Engineering teams (as directed by site).
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to accomplish tasks, etc.
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 80% of studies completed in Bachelor Business Administration, Psychology or related.
- English Level required: B2: 80%.
- Desirable knowledge in: APICS Certification, Microsoft Office Basic, SAP, Inventory Analisis , Planning, Microsoft Office Advanced (Excel is a must).
- Avaible for a temporary position (12 months).
Requisition ID: 509357
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!