Job Req ID: 199825
Position Number: 00168480
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: 8a-5p M-F
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Intensivist
Location: Intensive OP Program
Location Details: North East w/ floating potential in service line
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Provides mental health and substance abuse treatment services to seriously and persistently mentally ill adults. Provides administrative and clinical supervision to appropriate department. Works under the supervision of the Assistant Vice President.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hospital and department standards that reflect TJC and Medicaid standards for the operation of an adult partial hospitalization program.
- Collaborates with MD and other clinical team members regarding patient needs and treatment plan.
- Assesses patient, records and reports pertinent data to the physician and other members of the patientï¿½s clinical team.
- Utilizes crisis intervention techniques when needed.
- Provides patient and family education with specific references to emotional health as evidenced by various behaviors.
- Coordinates team member training and development for his/her program.
- Displays strong leadership and managerial skills.
- Demonstrates clinical competence in procedures and patient care based on established theory; maintains quality assurance standards for patient care.
Works in areas with potentially combative or self-destructive patients. Each employee has the responsibility to work in a safe manner. Work requires walking, standing, lifting, reaching, handling of supplies and equipment. Must have valid NC drivers’ license.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Masters Degree in Social Work, Professional Counseling, Psychology, or a comparable human services field that maintains appropriate professional accreditation required; fulll licensure required or a Masters level Registered Nurse with board certification in psychiatric, mental health nursing required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer