Requisition Number: 45817
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
Scope of Position:
In this role, you will direct team operations group and facilitate daily production activities to ensure established process control and operating procedures are followed Achieve plant requirements for safety, quality, delivery, selects, uptime, throughput and cost. Execute the plant plan objectives at the tactical level focused on continuous improvement.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Execute operating plan to achieve team objectives.
- Provide immediate supervision to subordinates to execute assignments using established guidelines, procedures, and policies.
- Review team performance with team members at regular intervals.
- Build effective relations with plant support groups.
- Conduct hourly/direct labor employee performance reviews and provide coaching as needed.
- Ensure team executes documented operating procedures and follows established document control protocols.
- Ensure the protection of Corning’s Intellectual Property (IP).
- Implement and monitor training and certification plans.
- Hold reports accountable for adherence to established procedures and setpoints for process control; ensures awareness and compliance to changes.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Standard business hours; Monday – Friday.
- General shift hours: 5:00 AM – 3:00 PM or 6:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- Minimum 2+ years of supervisory experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with industrial labor relations (union or union-free).
- Experience with leading teams and projects to meet significant continuous improvement goals, cost reduction or performance improvement initiatives.
- Experience and understanding of process management systems, process control and discipline techniques.
Desired Experience / Qualifications / Skills:
- Experience in a process engineering role, capable to perform in-depth analysis to solve complex problems.
- Exposure to launching and ramping new products into manufacturing.
- Green Belt certified in Performance Excellence, Lean and DMAIC methods
- Developing teams to achieve high performance targets.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the plant organization.
- Do you make good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment?
- The role requires that you can make data driven decisions that balance data content with time.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.