Directly supervise shipping operations and team members to support corporate objectives by striving to continually meet or exceed shipping plans, productivity goals, and other key performance indictors while maintaining superior on time shipping, a safe work environment, and employee relations.
Why join the Greenheck Family as a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor?
- Health insurance with an onsite clinic to offset healthcare cost
- Prescription drug benefits
- Dental insurance
- Paid vacations and holidays
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- On-site inexpensive fitness center
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible spending accounts for medical or dependent care expenses
- Tuitition assistance
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Employee Wellness Program
The Production Supervisor must have:
- Work requires a professional level of knowledge in a specialized field, which is equivalent to that which would be acquired by completing a regular four-year college program. Or an Associate’s degree with equivalent work experience.
- Between 1-3 years of supervisory experience
- SAP experience preferred but not required.
- Continuous improvement training preferred but not required.
- Must have the ability to work in a flexible work environment and adapt to changes quickly.
As a Production Supervisor, you will:
- Direct supervision of daily shipping team members. Monitor work performance issues, maintain appropriate records, prepare and conduct attendance and work performance reprimands. Prepare and conduct team leader and probationary performance reviews. Answer daily inquiries and assist in solving shipping issues. Address non-performing employees and work teams effectively.
- Organize and implement a daily shipping plan to ensure that shipped orders are accurate and complete. May involve periodic tracking down of lost units or missing parts.
- Manage manpower to the highest level of efficiency while managing acceptable labor costs.
- Achieve productivity goals and make necessary staffing adjustment to capture productivity project savings.
- Support procedures and work with material specialists to ensure inventory is properly managed and kept accurate.
- Organize work flow for shipping team members to minimize product handling and increase loading efficiency.
- Control shipping costs through minimal product damage and ensuring cost effective carriers are being used. Makes cost saving recommendations on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure company safety and housekeeping standards are met or exceeded.
- Communicate on a regular basis with carriers, drivers and internal manufacturing and sales team members.
- Promote good employee relations while developing and cross training shipping team members for maximum productivity.
The preceding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
Why join the Greenheck family?
Our benefit packages and salaries are among the best in our industry. Benefits may vary slightly by location, but usually include:
Prescription drug benefits
Paid vacations and holidays
401(k) Retirement savings plan
On-site clinic and fitness center (Schofield location)
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible spending accounts for medical or dependent care expenses
Employee Wellness Program
Want to hear more about the Greenheck culture? Take a look for yourself! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-AoWHyH8b0&feature=youtu.be
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.