Marathon Oil Corporation is an independent energy company engaged in exploration and production focused on unconventional US resource Plays. Marathon Oil has a major leasehold position in the core of the Eagle Ford Shale formation in South Texas. The Company holds acreage in the Eagle Ford, focusing on Atascosa, DeWitt, Gonzales, Lavaca, and Karnes counties.
Marathon Oil Company is looking for a Production Superintendent to guide all production-related aspects of operations for the eastern areas of Kenedy and the Gonzales acreage in the Eagle Ford shale resource play. This position will report to the Operations Manager. This leadership role is responsible for driving HES&S and operational excellence, along with Marathon core values, throughout the employee and contract personnel. Exceptional communication and organization skills are required to coordinate production activities with internal construction, completions, drilling, and external contract activities. The Superintendent will work with governmental agencies to comply with state and local regulations and local landowners to maintain Marathon’s reputation as a Safe, Clean, and Responsible operator.
- Provide leadership and direction for all employees and contractors working within the East production operations. Manage relationships with contractors to achieve safe and cost-effective operations.
- Promote, develop, and drive the Marathon Safety Culture and ensure safe and environmentally responsible work practices by clearly communicating and living HES values, proactively managing contract labor force, ensuring timely completion of and participating in field audits and inspections. Be a proactive leader in the Company’s safety programs. Ensure that all Company and contract employees remain in compliance with safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Positively interact with office and field personnel in a manner that creates an atmosphere of creativity, cooperation, continuous improvement, attention to the safety of all personnel, the environment, and company assets
- Lead the Production and Maintenance Supervisor(s) on a daily/weekly basis to optimize field execution and overall production.
- Work closely with peers to drive the Marathon culture and business strategy.
- Review, report on and optimize the operation based on key metrics of Safety, Environmental, Production, and Expense.
- Develop staff through goal setting/commitments, regular performance discussions, training, and work assignments.
- Work closely with Construction and Maintenance personnel to prioritize the maintenance of existing infrastructure and the overall operations to support the successful business model.
- Leverage a strategic view of the business to meet key milestones and assist your direct reports in scheduling large operational events. Communicate the plans and results to team members and management.
- Work closely with engineers and production technicians to frequently review and support production optimization. Participate in periodic detailed production review meetings with operating personnel.
- Strive to produce all wells at optimum rates. Manage operating expenses for the area. Seek new and innovative production enhancement opportunities. Once changes are identified, quickly implement them through our management processes.
- Ensure operating and regulatory compliance procedures are followed (and lead development of new procedures as required) by Company and contract personnel in order to maximize the value and efficiency of existing operation.
- Maintain good working relationships to help ensure that Marathon lives its values with key stakeholders, including contract companies, regulatory agencies, and members of the public.
HS diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
5+ years of previous supervisor experience in onshore oil & gas production operations and field optimization highly preferred. Experience in well operations (gas lift, plunger lift, pumping units) and workover/well intervention is also preferred.
Required travel of 20% – 40% to Gonzales, TX
MS Office products, SAP, Management of Change system
Excellent oral and written communication, teamwork, planning, and organizational skills are required.
Certifications: None Required
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Kenedy || TX || United States (US) || SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Field and Drilling Operations || Field and Drilling Operations || || 30849 ||