Requisition Number: 45614
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science, with a 166-year track record of life-changing inventions. Corning applies its unparalleled expertise in glass science, ceramics science, and optical physics, along with its deep manufacturing and engineering capabilities, to develop category-defining products that transform industries and enhance people’s lives. Corning Valor™ Glass is an example of a life-changing innovation purpose-built to store and protect injectable medicines. Corning is also a global leader in pharmaceutical tubing, manufacturing a variety of clear and amber glass tubing that is converted by our customers into vials, cartridges, ampules and syringes.
Scope of Position:
Executes the Master Production Schedule (Quarterly, Monthly, Weekly), expediting, and troubleshooting between operations and supply chain. Owner of the Master Data for all CPT Durham manufactured and purchased products, for both finished goods and raw materials.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Coordinate daily with product teams to set production priorities.
- Facilitate daily and weekly production meetings, as required.
- Utilize planning systems to create monthly / weekly mfg requirements and develop operational plans.
- Manage maintenance and date sequencing of planned orders.
- Facilitate maintenance of the ERP system’s planning/purchasing master data including but not limited to BOM’s, Routings, Work Centers and purchasing info records.
- Monitor production planning activities through quality release.
- Develop recovery plan for low inventory products and monitor execution to plans.
- Partner with division and plant supply chain (including division planners, plant buyer and plant supply manager, division contract manufacturing, logistics and warehousing) to ensure adequate direct and indirect material inventories are available to support the production plan.
- Conducts analyses of material flow to identify improvement opportunities (i.e. open work orders, incoming inspection, cost, cash).
- Define and manage metrics / KPIs (key performance indicators).
- Leverage corporate functions and centers of excellence.
- Actively participate as core team member and SME on all new material, material change and validation project teams and maintain current engineering specification change revisions.
- Actively participate in process and tool improvement projects as they arise
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Non-exempt position working approximately 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with flexibility to support project assignments and off shifts.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in supply chain related discipline preferred
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in plant manufacturing, production coordination, or end to end supply chain with.
- Understanding of production line and equipment capacities
- Understanding of finished goods inventory performance
- Detail oriented with strong problem resolution skills and ability to coordinate multi-discipline activities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong desire for familiarity with PeopleSoft (8.9 desired, SAP desired)
- Experience working in a matrix environment or on a cross functional team.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.