Primary role is to partner with your Production Supervisor to facilitate the safe, high quality and productive operations of their team. When this is accomplished, the team lead should work on direct production tasks.
- Ensure employees are working in a safe manner and report any safety issues immediately.
- Ensure outgoing parts are made to specification and meet all quality requirements.
- Be proactive in identifying potential issues and providing solutions.
- Cover short term absences in production team when necessary.
- Train team members on a wide variety of topics to include safe work practices, job duties, quality topics and more.
- Identifying daily production requirements and move team members accordingly to accomplish those tasks.
- Ensure team members are working on the correct tasks for the day to meet customer needs.
- Facilitate daily team meetings and charting team performance.
- Lead Kaizen, continuous improvement and housekeeping activities.
- Communicate necessary information from management such as production schedule changes to the team.
- Provide input on team and department performance to management.
- Participate in rewards and coaching processes for team members.
- Conduct/Coordinate necessary rework and conform to hot work processes when applicable.
- Conduct and track quality inspections when required. This includes first article Inspection monitoring.
- Conduct problem solving processes (3SP, 8D, etc).
- Keep workers on task at hand by proactively eliminating distractions. Occasionally may need to operate a fork truck or PIV in doing so.
- Be proactive in cross training your team to cover absences or shifts in business needs. In some cases, business needs may require training in other departments.
- Provide proper and thorough turnover to on-coming shifts and be proactive at setting the on-coming shift up for success.
- Monitor TPM process in your area daily and proactively recommend changes to improve machine capability and readiness through this process
- Work proactively with Supervisor to develop and utilize control points as tool to ensure key tasks are accomplished
- Work proactively with Supervisor to plan each week’s CI activities and champion lean learning within your team
- Listen to your team and identify issues requiring assistance from your Supervisor or Area Manager. Be skillful and proactive in turning negative conversations into positive ones
- Communicate in an effective, professional manner to facilitate teamwork.
- Team player with the ability provide leadership for change and improvement.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive work attitude.
- Good verbal communication and problem solving skills.