Job Title: Production Control Coordinator
Department: Materials & Production Control
Shift: 1st (7am – 3:30pm)
Reports to: Manager, Production Control/Materials Manager
The Production Control Coordinator is responsible for making the organization run smoothly. It is up to a Production Controller to schedule and coordinate the flow of material among various levels of the organization. This position is responsible for achieving inventory goals.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area to 5S Standards
- Implement all aspects of AGCO Lean and Quality Management systems
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Place orders with suppliers for production material
- Insure timely delivery of purchased parts
- Support Supplier Quality issues
- Create and manage kanban levels where needed
- Manage quality safety stock levels
- Create and review production schedules
- Manage capacity, lead-time and yield across fab, and assembly to meet customer volume and on time delivery requirements, as well as, not exceeding production capability
- Discuss schedules with supervisors, production managers, and teammates to insure schedules will be met with most efficient and cost effective manner
- Define and resolve potential part deficiencies that could prevent execution of the production schedule and sales plan
- Create reports as needed to support planning, scheduling, and inventory control
- Run reports for work progress, costs, inventory levels and production problems, and take appropriate actions.
- Lead in aggressively attaining inventory accuracy
- Take an active role in inventory management
- Achieve all Inventory goals
- Monitor inventory and lead corrective actions to insure inventory plan is met
- Ensure successful execution of the build and inventory plan
- Collaborate cross-functionally to implement process improvements
Employees/temporary employees are responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, policies and procedures. Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures
- Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) and report any defective PPE
- Report all near-misses, incidents, injuries, illnesses, including mobile equipment or property damage
- Participation in the site Safety and Health Program
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- APICS Certification preferred
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in production control
- Excellent computer skills, ability to work in many systems. (SQL, Excel, Access, MRP)
- Good Communication skills with ability to communicate at all management levels
- Demonstrated ability to think conceptually with a real commitment to change and continuous improvement
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to use various tools including (tape measure, wrenches, screw drivers etc.), read blueprints and tape measure
- Ability to read, write and use basic math skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to follow precise instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, managers and across departments
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works with and near large machinery and equipment daily. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is exposed to a variety of extreme conditions including temperatures ranging from 40°F to 105°F. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or craw and frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands or arms. The employee must be able to stand for up to twelve hours per day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must wear personal protective equipment (i.e. eye protection, respirator, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, sleeves, etc.)
No travel is expected for this position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.