Req Id: 305225
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Production Assistant, Bell Media, Unifor 899
Location: Calgary, Alberta, 80 Patina Rise SW
Salary: Group 3 commensurate with education and experience
Hours of Work: 16-32 hours per week – shift pattern may contain weekends, early mornings and evenings. Overtime as required.
- CTV News Calgary is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Production Assistant to carry out a variety of tasks related to online and broadcast news production.
- Process video for posting to website and for broadcast.
- Some editing of original video content.
- Arrange feeds, process file video for transfer to field journalists
- Prepare graphics
- Teleprompter duties as required
- Digital news generation (writing) as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience in a major news market.
- Knowledge of Adobe and Velocity editing software.
- Knowledge of Gateway, iNews, and Polopoly
- Excellent people skills with the ability to develop strong, positive relationships with colleagues.
- Must have an excellent command of the English language, experience within the CTV News digital environment is an asset.
- Knowledge of television production procedures, terminology and equipment capabilities.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular – Part time
Job Location: Canada : Alberta : Calgary
Application Deadline: 08/04/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, AB, Calgary
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.