At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith’s shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Illinois – Silvis
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Product Verification & Validation Engineer – 77282
As a Product Verification & Validation Engineer for Global Crop Harvesting located in Silvis, Illinois, you will….
- Engage with a global team of Design and PV&V engineers to develop, execute, and report out on lab and field testing of Crop Processing tests utilizing the Vision system
- Collecting and analyzing data from multiple types of acquisition systems and generate outputs that can drive actionable results and decision making.
- Facilitate and organize vehicle and test stand builds and/or rebuilds as needed, including test part design, ordering, shipping, and preparation.
- Lead weekly PV&V and other meetings as needed. Participate in team design reviews, project, and other meetings. Provide updates in Leadership reviews.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position
What Skills You Need
- 4 or more years of product engineering, PVV and/or equivalent experiences
- 2 or more years of experience leading small teams with effective, clear communication
- Solid understanding of mechanical and hydraulic systems as related to large agricultural equipment, such as combine harvesters
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- 2 or more years of experience with 3D modeling software
- Strong organization and workload planning skills
- Experience in developing innovative methods to improve test efficiency, standardization, and documentation.
- Experience with functional, performance and durability requirements
What Makes You Stand Out
- Previous design or test experience with combine crop processing areas
- Experience creating and executing lab and/or field testing
- Advanced Creo modeling skills
- Project leadership experience, demonstrating scheduling, task planning and resource management
- Basic understanding of structural analysis (FEA)
- Experience with EDEM, CFD and other predictive modeling tools
- Familiarity with operating combines and front-end equipment (FEE)
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering or equivalent on the job experience
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.