Req ID: 39938
Location: Seattle, WA
Other location(s): Los Angeles (CA)
Relocation benefits offered: Yes
Travel required: None
“I can be myself at work.”
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world ̶ everything that makes you unique. We’re working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
“I can influence my income.”
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses).
“I can lead a full life.”
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you’re raising a family, you’re passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we’ll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate’s ability to work remotely.
As a Product UX designer, you’ll own the end-to-end design process for product experiences that empower investment professionals in their decision process. As part of a cross-functional organization of product managers, engineers, and data scientists, you’ll use ingenuity and empathy to solve complex and nuanced problems. You’ll use evidence-based design processes to understand customers and create experiences that delight them, address their needs, and give them new capabilities. Your contributions will ultimately lead to superior, responsible, long-term investments that help everyday people save for their future.
As part of a UX team, you’ll foster a collaborative environment where designers respectfully challenge each other to do their best work. You’ll lead by example, defining best practices for design processes and strategy. You’ll scale the impact of your work by creating systems and reusable components, that create consistency and efficiency.
“I am the person Capital Group is looking for.”
- You have a portfolio of case studies that demonstrate your ability to lead design process for complex software products throughout the full product lifecycle.
- You demonstrate a customer-focused, evidence-based design process, and have experience leading original research such as contextual interviews, usability studies, or card sort exercises.
- You have fluency in defining and communicating experience design using a variety of deliverables, such as diagrams, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes. You incorporate best practices for accessibility and usability.
- You foster collaboration within a diverse multi-disciplinary team, and effectively present design strategy that incorporates the customer, business, and technology opportunities.
- You create extensible frameworks that tame complexity and allow products to scale to future needs.
- You have experience cultivating a supportive team culture and mentoring to other designers.
- You have formal training in design fundamentals, through an academic degree program or professional experience.
“I can apply in less than 4 minutes.”
You’ve reviewed this job posting and you’re ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community.
“I can learn more about Capital Group.”
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That’s why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people’s lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.